Calling all hackers - Hack the FACT front window!

1 view

Chris @ FACT

Oct 1, 2012, 12:37:54 PM10/1/12
to NW-hac...@googlegroups.com
Hey everyone!

I'm looking for a show of hands for people that would be interested in coming to a free workshop at FACT where we show you how you can hack the FACT front window to make interactive games or other works. As you may know it is a 50x50 pixel low resolution screen and it looks really amazing when lit up. As the long nights are drawing in we'd like to open up the facade for local hackers to play with.

We have written a library in openFrameworks which allows you to easily push content to the screen, and also allows you to gather inputs from a variety of devices such as a IR camera, XBox controllers, audio, SMS, or probably any sensors that your imagination allows. You can create games or just cool interactions... or do whatever you like.

The workshop would be aimed at people with some experience of openFrameworks or similar languages (Arduino, Processing, C++, etc). But please don't be put off if you're not a proficient coder - we'll try to make it accessible for most people.

Workshop would be either Sunday 28 October (10.00am to 6pm) or in the evenings of Tuesday and Wednesday (30th and 31st Octover). Please state your preference (daytime or evening).

Limited to 10 people, so please let me know if you're interested by replying on or off-list. Any questions, let me know!

Cheers
Chris

Chris @ FACT

Oct 1, 2012, 12:44:12 PM10/1/12
to NW-hac...@googlegroups.com
Neil noticed that 31 October is Halloween so let's assume this will be on Sunday 28 October!

ashley leach

Oct 2, 2012, 6:04:08 PM10/2/12
to nw-hac...@googlegroups.com
Hi Chris

If the workshop takes place on Sunday I would love to attend, that is if it is still open.

Ashley

hsNW is at http://nwhackspace.wordpress.com/
& at http://twitter.com/hsNW

Chris @ FACT

Oct 5, 2012, 8:54:37 AM10/5/12
to NW-hac...@googlegroups.com
Hi people, this workshop is now confirmed for Sunday 28 October. Please register at the link below:

http://factwindow.eventbrite.co.uk/

Any questions give me a shout. See you there!

Chris