Re: [NRVMC] Digest for NRVMC@googlegroups.com - 1 update in 1 topic

diane ribble

Mar 2, 2024, 9:29:45 AMMar 2
to nr...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the tip!!

On Friday, March 1, 2024, 7:48 PM, NR...@googlegroups.com wrote:

"Bruce Grimes" <bug...@verizon.net>: Mar 01 12:10PM -0500

For the Club Membership,

At the February meeting, a Valentine’s Day dinner talk with Britt Bunyard,
we were introduced to several of his publications.

The talk itself was from material in his most recent book: The Lives of
Fungi

The talk was spellbinding, with so many varied and amazing things that have
recently been uncovered about the role that fungi play in the world, and as
he pointed out in his concluding remarks, much more in the book.

The book is available from Princeton University Press. Britt gave us a way
to get a very nice discount by using the “secret” code (which worked at that
time and presumably still does): when you are ordering there is an option to
enter a discount code, and by entering PUP30, you receive 30% off. When I
registered on the site, I was actually given a response that gave a LARGER
discount for my initial order, so make sure to watch for that. I bought a
few copies (Christmas presents & mine) and another book of interest and
applied the discount.

Unfortunately, as my “Bill To” and “Ship To” addresses are different, I
could not complete the order because of a glitch at the last payment page
that automatically checked that both were the same, and though you could
uncheck it, you became stuck in an endless loop when trying to change the
ship to because it would revert at order to the pre-checked version that
both addresses were the same. You could either ship to the bill to, or your
payment would not be accepted because you had the wrong bill to address.
The successful work-around happened this morning (day 3 of trying to order
and working with their customer service) by using PayPal instead, which lets
me use my actual ship to. Telling you this in case someone has a similar
issue.

You do have to pay shipping, and have the choice between parcel post
(cheap), a quick postal delivery (more expensive), an in my case, an
intermediate UPS.

Hope you find this useful,

Bruce Grimes