VA4A Reminder

nrvmushroomclub

May 22, 2024, 11:15:46 AMMay 22
to New River Valley Mushroom Club
Hi Everyone,

Last year's Virginia Foray at Cave Mountain Lake with Blue Ridge Mycological Society was so much fun, we're doing it again September 6-8th!

This is not a registration announcement, but registration will be through EventBrite again.  Please be patient for those details as the Joint Foray Committee works it out.

There will be General Admission Tickets for $35 and there will be tickets which include a spot in the Group Camp for $50.  These tickets are all-inclusive with some tiny exceptions such as day parking.

The reason for this Save the Date email is that if you wish to purchase your own individual campsite (as opposed to the Group Camp), we want you to be able to do so while they're all still available.  You can use the easy online reservation system on the USFS website:

Explore Cave Mountain Lake Family Camp in George Washington & Jefferson National Forest, Virginia with Recreation.gov. Cave Mountain Lake Family Camp is nestled in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia, and welcomes visitors to enjoy the rustic and peaceful getaway. Easy access f
This is a rustic foray.  Friday night through Sunday morning.  It includes food like hotdogs, fruit and granola bars.  If you didn't get to go last year, you can talk to other participants about how much fun it was!  I know you'll have questions, but this is just a Save the Date announcement so you can get your own campsite if you don't want to camp in the group site.  Some people will commute, and some people may get hotel rooms.

Jeff Huffman
President
New River Valley Mushroom Club