Fwd: Fall Mycoblitz Announcment

New River Valley Mushroom Club

Oct 13, 2023, 9:17:09 AM10/13/23
to New River Valley Mushroom Club

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Luke Smithson <membersh...@namyco.org>
Date: Tue, Oct 10, 2023, 7:08 PM
Subject: Fall Mycoblitz Announcment
To: Rebecca Rader <nrvmush...@gmail.com>

If you can't see this email click here.
<org_name>
Dear Rebecca,

I am excited to announce that NAMA is co-sponsoring this year's Fall Continental MycoBlizt, happening from October 13th to 22nd, 2023. This sponsorship will not only help fund the sequencing of collected mushrooms but also create opportunities for more collectors like you.

We encourage your club to take advantage of this opportunity. Please share this information with your members and encourage them to participate by following these simple steps:
  • Review the participation requirements via the link provided.
  • During the foray week, post their observations on the in iNaturalist project page.
  • Submit their ten (10) most interesting collections.
Collecting can happen at your scheduled forays or by club members collecting on their own, By participating, your club members can contribute to a better understanding of North American mushrooms. Thousands of specimens from the event will be selected for DNA sequencing, and the most interesting finds could be crucial to this research.

For more information and to get started, please visit the provided web addresses.

Thank you for your support in advancing mycology research. We look forward to your club's participation in this fall's MycoBlitz.

--

Luke Smithson
Membership Manager, North American Mycological Associationnamyco.org/  |  membersh...@namyco.org

image