NRV Fall Mushroom Workshop and Fungi-to-Table Dinner

Gnomestead Hollow

Sep 13, 2023, 11:39:37 AM9/13/23
Hey folks,

We (Gnomestead Hollow Farm and Forage) are offering a Fall Mushroom Workshop and collaborative fungi-to-table farm dinner with Driftwood Catering-Floyd, VA on Sunday, September 24th.  This workshop will offer participants an immersive, hands-on experience with both cultivation and foraging.
As the harvest season approaches, we will discuss which agricultural byproducts are suitable for mushroom cultivation, and participants will learn to prepare these feedstocks to grow their own mushrooms. This portion of the workshop will focus on cultivating and propagating a variety of cooler weather species that can be grown indoors or outside in the garden.  Each workshop participant will create and take home their own GYO Mushroom Kit.
We will also embark on a foray to identify and key out mushrooms growing in our region this fall. The foray will provide an opportunity to discuss mushroom habitat and explore the biology and ecology of various mushroom species.
The farm dinner with Driftwood Catering will feature a delectable selection of our cultivated and foraged mushrooms, complimenting the autumn season’s cornucopia of farm fresh veggies, fruit and meat. Vegetarian and vegan options available.

Fall Mushroom Workshop - $75
Location: Indian Valley, VA
Time: 2:00 PM
Fungi-to-Table Farm Dinner - $50