NLP engineer position at Babylon Health (London, UK)

Ali Reza Ebadat

Nov 27, 2015, 12:29:08 PM11/27/15
to nlp-dilmaj

Fast growing, well established healthcare startup is looking for an NLP engineer to help us build a next generation virtual medical assistant.

About us
--------------

Launched in 2013 Babylon Health won the AXA Health award 2015 and has featured in the Apple Health and Fitness App Store.  Our vision is to combine the latest technology with the knowledge and experience of the best doctors to make healthcare simpler, better and more accessible and affordable for people everywhere.  We are available in the UK and Ireland with big plans to expand the reach and range of our services.

We have a team of the best people you’d ever want to meet, working on some of the most futuristic projects. We like people who are smart, funny, innovative and tenacious, who can adapt and work together.

Find out more about our vision here: http://www.forbes.com/sites/parmyolson/2015/11/12/the-a-i-will-see-you-now/

We are looking for someone with a background in NLP or computational linguistics to work on a virtual assistant providing medical advice to our users.

Who fits the role?
-----------------------

•          A knowledge engineer with NLP background or NLP engineer with some experience of ontologies/knowledge bases, either academic or commercial.

•          Organised and pro-active, with strong attention to detail.

•          A natural team player, who enjoys working collaboratively with colleagues.

•          Flexible and adaptable, with a “can do” approach and solid problem-solving skills.

•          Focused on delivery, with a passion for quality and innovation.

•          Someone who thrives in a dynamic environment and will contribute to ongoing  organisational improvements.

What matters most?
--------------------------

•          Experience with NLP tools and tasks (parsing, named entity recognition, information extraction or natural language generation would be most useful, especially with an academic background)

•          Experience using open-source NLP toolkits and strong coding skills in at least one major language (e.g. Java/C++/Python)

•          Comfortable working in a collaborative environment

•          A proven track record of delivering user-oriented solutions in a fast-paced environment.

•          Great organisational skills with the ability to thrive in a demanding environment whilst juggling multiple priorities.

•          A highly motivated self-starter with a can-do attitude, even in the face of demanding deadlines.

What’s nice to have?

•         Experience with graph databases like neo4j.

•         Experience with the healthcare domain, medical ontologies or biomedical information extraction.

Super smart requirements

•          MS/PhD in a quantitative discipline.  A degree focused on NLP/NLG/ontologies is a strong asset, but equivalent experience will be accepted.

Contact

Send inquiries and applications to eva....@babylonhealth.com