NFAA Outdoor Nationals starting TODAY; NCFAA have 14 Field/14 Hunter at DCWC followed by Annual Meeting on August 8th

Kirsten Young

Jul 22, 2015, 12:43:09 PM7/22/15
to NCFAA
Hi folks,
           We'll have our Annual Meeting right after the field shoot on August 8th. It won't take long, and I'm buying extra special ice cream to tempt folks to hang around.

If you have any agenda items, please send them along to me.

Here's one agenda item: we will need to elect a new Secretary/Treasurer. My 2 year stint is at an end, and unfortunately, life keeps getting in the way of archery, so I just don't have time to dedicate to this post any more. It has been a ton of fun, and I'm really proud that we've brought so many people into the sport, particularly kids, and helped to build new field courses in NC. All these good things that have happened in the last couple of years have been done by you, our members. Thank you for building courses and committing to running shoots; thank you for coaching youths and bringing them to our events; thank you for running shoots and showing up for shoots in all kinds of weather.

Feel free to ask me anything about the post, without obligation. I'll offer extended help with the transition. There are quite a few options: the post can be split into 2, if that works better, though the Treasurer role is pretty simple. In my opinion, the job will be a little easier if you are shooting and competing more regularly than me, though it is not critical. I'd love the NCFAA to be in touch with the other archery organisations in NC, and some of you know these folks well (some of you ARE these folks!).

Enjoy this short break from the crazy summer heat, and I look forward to catching up with y'all on August 8th.

Cheers,
              Kirsten