NCFAA 2017 Indoor State Championships

1 view

ncfaase...@gmail.com

Feb 2, 2017, 2:32:51 PM2/2/17
to NCFAA
Hello everyone
I apologize for taking so long to speak with the NCFAA Membership this year.
NCFAA is truly struggling to keep going. We have just four indoor and two outdoor ranges as charter member clubs.
Everyone is struggling to find time for archery and especially the work that goes along with it.
We have three ranges hosting the State Indoor - these three range all have a large JOAD presence.  I know for a fact if it were not for these young people coming into our sport we would be done. Most of the active tournament archers calendars are full with opportunities every weekend in some far off distant land. Chasing some sort of vision of archery successes. LOL.
Some how all of us need to do more for this sport than what we are currently doing. Participation needs to increase, become active in club membership and work involved in that. Finding new ranges, help start up new ranges.
I am the lone person running the NCFAA. Yes I get to do it all. President, Secretary, Treasurer, VP, keeper of the records. I can not do the web site.
Oh. yes I run all the archery at Durham County Wildlife Club, too! All for the love of the sport.
Help is needed through out.

Because we had no Indoor Shooting Schedule this year. We had to waive the requirement to shoot a secondary qualifier tournament. That means anyone can shoot and compete in the State championship as long a their NFAA Dues are paid up to the date of the tournament and they pay the shoot registration fee.

You will see on the attached schedule, there are shooting line times over two different weekends.  These date were the only dates the host ranges
had available to have the shoot. So in theory if an archery wanted to shoot, Adult Freestyle one weekend he can register again and shot adult bow hunter the other. They must change equipment style groups.
This is the Shooting Line and Registration Fees Schedule for the NCFAA 2017 Indoor Championships.docx