Sectional & Championship this weekend.... then one month until Field Archery begins!

ncfaase...@gmail.com

Feb 9, 2015, 10:59:00 PM2/9/15
to NC...@googlegroups.com

Last reminders if you want to shoot in the State Championship 12-15th Feb,

* Please book your line times if you have not already done so: call the hosts at the numbers on the website.

* Please contact me if you plan to shoot but have not yet shot your qualifier!

* Please update your membership if it has expired.

Thank you to all the clubs who have worked hard to run qualifiers over the past few months. Checking the lists of names in advance will speed up reporting the results and getting the awards ordered.

I hear there are new blocks at Boss, a new timing system at Lifetime and new lighting at NC Hunter Supply. Getting pretty fancy these days :-)

Sectionals scoring question: what's an inside out X?
Answer: it's the best kind of X, where the whole arrow is inside the X ring, not touching the line at all. It is written on the scorecard as X with a circle round it and on the total as 'io X'. It is used as a tie-breaker.

If 2 archers have the same score, the number of Xs is used as a tie-breaker.

If both have the same number of Xs, then the number of inside out Xs is used.

Outdoor Schedule

It's almost time to put the FIELD back in NC Field Archery Association! After the Championship, get your skinny arrows ready. If you've never shot field archery, come along and give it a try.We have an intro guide, please let me know if you are interested.

Our opening shoot will be on Saturday March 14th at Durham County. We're also planning to hand out Championship awards that day.Since March 14th is Pi Day (3.14), and we believe firmly in Southern Hospitality, we shall serve pie!

The outdoor schedule is still filling up, dates are on the website, below the Championship info. I'll get them into Carolina Archery Schedule, too. We are delighted to announce that Big Buck will be hosting the 2015 Outdoor Championship in August.

http://www.ncfaa-archery.org/index.html

Best of luck to everyone for a great championship this weekend!

Cheers,

             Kirsten