Improvisation Performance Project

hong qile

Nov 24, 2011, 12:49:07 AM11/24/11
to hong...@hotmail.com

Improvisation Performance Project

by

Hong Qile & Wang Tian
The performance, carried by Hong Qile and Wang Tian,

is a sounding project that more relevant to our daily lives,

which will last for a year.

The project will be carried in different spaces.
As for the “Daily Sounding”:

That refers to a sound-making domain which is available of being accessed, started, and paused at any time.

It demands no specific sense of form for listening, evolves no artistic conception of the sound,

it doesn’t consciously ask for the fake climax while seeking for the cheap comfort from the audiences, besides,

it contains no interactive effect of pop audiovisual materials. We don’t reject the audiences,

while opening to their comprehension, we’re telling no stories here, and asking for no answer either.

In a 1957 lecture on experimental music, John Cage described music as "a purposeless play" which is "an

affirmation of life – not an attempt to bring order out of chaos nor to suggest improvements in creation,

but simply a way of waking up to the very life we're living".

Hong Qile

founder of Brain-Wave Communication (fold-up), comes from Fu Zhou, Fu Jian province of China.

Hong’s been involved in making of nonartistic audiovisual works during his spare time, and he has made numerous demos.

Website: http://hongqile.com/

Wang Tian:

Post-graduate students of Shanghai Conservatory of Music (SHCM),

studied cello performing since five years old.

Time of Performance:

Nov.20: 17:00 – ChocChoco (rm. 2403, no. 68, alley 999, Zhao Jiabang Rd., Xuhui District.)
Nov.27: 19:00 – New Workplace (Xin Danwei)(No. 50, Yong Jia Rd.)
Price: 30 RMB (soft drinks & chocolate, ChocChoco only)

Tel.:

New Workplace: (021) 3428 0783

ChocChoco: 139-188-606-40

--