Context Filter Bug - Selects multiple values on one click

Patricio Carranza

Mar 23, 2024, 6:51:02 PMMar 23
to MyLifeOrganized
hi All,

Has anyone else have experienced a really odd behavior whenever you click on the Context filter in the filter pane?

The behavior I'm experiencing is that whenever I select a context value in the filter pane, multiple values get selected (it seems it's mostly 4 or value selected, instead just the one I click on) and the panel scrolls down automatically...so I need to click again to pick the one context I'm trying to filter by...while it might not be seem as a critical bug...it's really annoying since it practically defeats the benefit of a quick filter by context...which is a really useful feature....

I'd welcome any idea on how this could be solved

Thanks a lot to everyone in advance.

Patricio.

Patricio Carranza

May 26, 2024, 10:01:33 AMMay 26
to MyLifeOrganized
hi All,

Bringing this point back to the top of the inbox...is there anyone from the team who can help getting this logged as a BUG?

Just in case, this is not a big ask for enhancement, it's really a specific issue that happens (it seems) when you have more than X (?) number of Contexts created and you use them to filter your list...using the filter on the left...whenever you select one context there the filter reacts as if you had selected many items and the filter panel scrolls down automatically.

The behavior really bothers since restrict you from quickly filtering your list of tasks by any given Context...so diminishes the value of categorizing your tasks by Context such that you can then easily identify them by context.

HELP! Please fix it or let me know if there is any workaround. Note: creating an advance filter is not a workaround since it implies so many steps to just have your view filter by context.

Thank you!

Patricio.

Richard Collings

May 27, 2024, 4:58:11 AMMay 27
to mylifeo...@googlegroups.com

FWIW I can’t reproduce.  This is in the Windows app.   I have well over 100 contexts and when I click on a context in the filter panel on the left,   it just selects that context and there is no scrolling.    Holding down shift, allows me to select a block from the currently selected context to the one that I click on;  and holding down Ctrl allows me to select random multiple contexts.

Can’t think what might be causing the behaviour that you are seeing.

Richard

Patricio Carranza

May 27, 2024, 8:25:56 AMMay 27
to mylifeo...@googlegroups.com
thanks a lot for sharing Richard. ill try uninstalling / installing again.

Patricio.

May 31, 2024, 2:28:30 AMMay 31
to MyLifeOrganized
I can reproduce something similar

Check under Tools-Manage Contexts.  See if you have linked some contexts.  eg. click on the guilty context on the left side, and see if any other tasks are checked on the right.

Patricio Carranza

May 31, 2024, 7:58:07 AMMay 31
to mylifeo...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your reply. What do you mean by checked on the right? I mean some of my tasks are in fact categorized with one or many context on the right.

Ill see if I can record somehow a short video and share here.

Jun 3, 2024, 7:05:31 AM (14 days ago) Jun 3
to MyLifeOrganized
I think you did not understand - there is a separate tool for managing your contexts all together.  Its under the Tools menu and called Manage Contexts.
Screenshot 2024-06-03 130332.png

Patricio Carranza

Jun 5, 2024, 10:53:24 AM (11 days ago) Jun 5
to mylifeo...@googlegroups.com
hi Grant, I know that functionality is there..., and similar to the screenshot you shared, in my configuration I have no context including any other contexts. Back to the issue I'm facing, what is your suggestion? issue and possible relation with that context admin/configuration functionality?

thank you again!

Patricio.

Grant

Jun 7, 2024, 3:33:39 AM (10 days ago) Jun 7
to MyLifeOrganized
Hi Patricio, Without some snapshots showing this multiple selection, the results, and the rest of the filter sidebar, I dont think anyone can make any more suggestions.
If you are a paying customer, you can also email the support desk.  I find them generally quite responsive.

Patricio Carranza

Jun 7, 2024, 7:59:28 AM (10 days ago) Jun 7
to mylifeo...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot Grant! Im a paying customer, I didnt know about the support desk. is there an email or something like that where I could send my case?

Thanks again!

Patricio.

Sent: Friday, June 7, 2024 4:33:38 AM

Dwight Arthur

Jun 7, 2024, 8:48:01 AM (10 days ago) Jun 7
to mylifeo...@googlegroups.com

Patricio Carranza

Jun 7, 2024, 8:20:36 PM (9 days ago) Jun 7
to mylifeo...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Arthur!

imajeff

Jun 9, 2024, 1:25:20 PM (7 days ago) Jun 9
to MyLifeOrganized
I find their contact page most useful because it has that email address

but this might be good too (all simple to find at the top of their website)