repeat task had repeat sub-task

thre...@gmail.com

May 13, 2024, 6:38:04 PMMay 13
to MyLifeOrganized
I have a bug about repeating tasks with nested subtasks

The task structure is roughly
└─1
     ├─2
     │ ├─2.1
     │ └─2.2
     └─3
         ├─3.1
         └─3.2

I need to set different times for tertiary tasks and repeat them every day
Therefore, the subtask cannot inherit the time of the parent task.
However, this creates a problem
If I choose to have the three parent tasks 1, 2 and 3 automatically repeat and reset the subtasks after all subtasks are completed, then the task 1 will never be completed, no matter how many times it is completed 2, 3.1 will never be activated day, because 1 always has a bunch of 2.1, 2.2, 3.1, etc that are not completed in the future. And if I complete 1 manually, a worse situation will occur. 2 and 3 will be reset to the time of 1, but 2.1, 2.2, and 2.3 will not. They will stay on the initial day permanently.

And if I choose to let 1 automatically repeat and reset the subtasks after all subtasks are completed, and let 2,3 inherit the time of 1. Then no matter 2,1,2,2, 3.1, etc. are completed, the two-level parent tasks 2 and 3 will never be completed. Let alone completing 1.

In other words, if subtasks 2 and 3 need to set time, and are nested with subtasks 2.X and 3.X that need to set time, then 1 will always have a bunch of future subtasks that cannot be completed.

The idea that is consistent with human understanding is that after completing all the grand tasks 2.1 2.2 3.1 3.2 every day, activated subtasks 2 and 3 will appear (at this time 2 and 3 will not have subtasks), and after completing 2 and 3 manually, the activated parent will appear. Task 1. After clicking Finish 1 again, the entire task tree will be reset.