Andrew Macpherson - singer

Spokes

Mar 7, 2007, 7:36:54 AM3/7/07
to Music In Scotland
Hi

I'm trying to track down any information about a talented singer of
Traditional Scots songs named Andrew Macpherson.
He recorded about 12 songs as far as I know in the 1950s.

Songs he recorded include: Eriskay Love Lilt, Land of Heart's Desire,
Kishmul's Galley and, Road to the Isles, My nannie's awa', Scotland
the Brave, Bonnie Earl O'Murray and Skye is my Home.

I like to know here and when he was born (and died?) and other songs
he recorded.

He did his first known recording for Walter Legge in 1946 so possibly
Macpherson was born about 1920.

Thanks in advance.

Jim Leighton

Mar 8, 2007, 5:22:28 AM3/8/07
to Music-In...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, we do not have any information on this singer.

Regards,

Jim Leighton
www.MusicInScotland.com