Timberline or Skibowl this Saturday, Feb. 19

Emilio

Feb 17, 2022, 5:21:09 PM2/17/22
to Mountain High Snowsport Club
Hello folks with a Fusion Pass, and others,

Shall we ski Timberline or Skibowl this coming Saturday, Feb. 19, 2022 ?
They both got new snow within the past 3 days.  Timberline recieve a total of 10", and Skibowl about 9".  And both  will have temperatures slightly below freezing. So, it's all good.

We have skied at Timberline a number of times this season.  How about Skibowl for a change?   Do you want to try the "Daddy Killer" trail?  Don't worry, it's not nearly as difficult as it sounds!  But you won't find it on the trail map.  And it is NOT out of bounds.

And if the snow is good enough, we might try the Outback area too.  Now that one is challenging.

Timberline or Skibowl?  It depends on how many people respond and where they want to go.

Emilio

Keith Lamond

Feb 17, 2022, 7:06:20 PM2/17/22
to mth...@googlegroups.com
I'm planning on joining everyone this Saturday and my vote is for Skibowl

Keith

Emilio

Feb 17, 2022, 8:56:49 PM2/17/22
to Mountain High Snowsport Club
Thanks for responding, Keith.  I don't expect a big crowd. In fact, I'd be surprised if there were more than 3 or 4 of us.  And we already have 2 votes for Skibowl. So, Skibowl it is. Let's meet outside on the lower (slope) side of the main cafeteria lodge, not far from the bottom of the stairs.  Not too close to the stairs or the lodge, so we don't obstruct anyone passing by.  Maybe just a few feet lower down, toward the ski rental building.  I am not sure what others might be wearing, but I will be very recognizable with my blue jacket and reflective greenish-yellow straps on top.  Also, I will have orange ribbons tied to my ski poles.  Time:  just a few minutes before 9 am (when the lifts open).
Ribbons-01-Emilio.JPG

Keith Lamond

Feb 18, 2022, 9:45:15 PM2/18/22
to mth...@googlegroups.com