Mt. High Newsletter

Emilio Trampuz

Nov 5, 2022, 7:33:51 PM11/5/22
to Mt. High All Club Forum
Hi folks,

Just an update on my recent attempt to find out who is not receiving our monthly newsletter "Lift Lines".  I only received a small handful of responses, and none of them were from people I was really trying to reach.

1. One or two people just told me they have two email addresses and they might prefer that we use one or the other of them.

2. One or two people reported that they didn't receive the newsletter even though their membership is in good standing.  It seems that this was an accidental glitch of some sort, probably a one-time occurrence.  I checked their record in our club's database and also in the Benchmark Email system that we use, and found that everything was in order. It may be that our email accidentally ended in their JUNK or SPAM folder.

3. A few people have not renewed their membership in the last few years, so that's why they were not receiving the newsletter any more.  The COVID pandemic made a number of people take a break from the club, but our numbers are still hovering around 200 members.

The reason I was able to reach more people using this Forum is that the Forum is self-regulating.  People sign up on their own, and they can also leave the group on their own.  Just because your club membership has expired doesn't mean that you are removed from the Forum -- which is actually a Google Group.  If you want to leave the group, you need to go to the Forum -- just click on the Forum button on our website -- and then go to settings and leave the group.

But the people I was trying to reach were those who have never received anything from the club -- most likely because all our emails end up in their JUNK or SPAM folder and they don't know it. I was trying to reach them and tell them to please add our club's email address, mth...@mthigh.org to their email address book (their Contacts list).  That should prevent our emails from being treated as JUNK.

Unfortunately, I can't reach those people, because they don't read our club's emails.  I was hoping that I might be able to reach them through our Forum (Google Group), but since they haven't been receiving our emails, they have probably not received any instructions on how to JOIN our Forum, and therefore their email address is not in our Forum either.

NOTE to everyone reading this:
If ever a whole month goes by without you receiving anything from the club, please contact me (Emilio) immediately at Emili...@earthlink.net or at newsl...@mthigh.org and let me know, so I can fix it if anything went wrong.   Don't wait till the end of the season to let me know there is a problem.   Every month, there should be at least 2 emails from the club:  the monthly newsletter plus at least one email update in between newsletters.

Emilio

B Brady

Nov 7, 2022, 1:15:04 PM11/7/22
to Mountain High Snowsport Club
Emilio,

I can go to Facebook, then the Mtn High Group, (of which I am a member,) and THEN I can do a search for “Forum.”

Is there an easier way?

Barbara B

swan...@juno.com

Nov 7, 2022, 6:19:21 PM11/7/22
to mth...@googlegroups.com
Emilio I am not receiving lift lines but I need to go in and add Mt High to my contact list like you mentioned at kick off party. Haven't done that yet

Emilio Trampuz

Nov 7, 2022, 8:28:14 PM11/7/22
to mth...@googlegroups.com
Hi Barbara,

No, no, the Forum has nothing to do with our club's Facebook account.  It is totally separate.  Our Forum is a Google Group.  The only thing that links our Facebook and our Forums is that they are both mentioned on our website's home page.

So, to get to our Forums, simply go to our website, www.mthigh.org, and look at all the buttons in the menu on the left side of the screen.  You will se buttons there for both of our Forums:
    a) the All-Club Forum, and
    b) the Mid-Week Skiers Forum

You can post new messages to the Forum in 2 ways:
1.  Go to the Forum online and then click on the "New Conversation" button in the top left of  the page.  Or ...
2.  Simply send an email addressed to one of the two Forums as follows:
     For the All Club Forum:  MtH...@googlegroups.com
     For the Midweek Forum: MtHigh-...@googlegroups.com

Emilio

B Brady

Nov 7, 2022, 11:53:23 PM11/7/22
to mth...@googlegroups.com
OK, Emilio, it looks like I am a member of the mid-week Forum already.
Thank you for telling me how to use it!
I have a season pass to Meadows, and sometimes no one to ski with. I hope I can remember to use this site!
Barbara B

On Nov 7, 2022, at 5:28 PM, Emilio Trampuz <Emili...@earthlink.net> wrote:

 Hi Barbara,