Skiing at Timberline on Saturday Dec. 17th

Glenn D

Dec 13, 2022, 7:26:13 PM12/13/22
to Mountain High Snowsport Club
I was wondering if anyone was planning on skiing at Timberline this Saturday the 17th?  Would be nice not to ride the lifts alone.

Glenn

Emilio Trampuz

Dec 13, 2022, 8:40:53 PM12/13/22
to mth...@googlegroups.com
Hi Glenn ... and anyone else who wants to join us.

Yes, I am planning to go skiing at Timberline this Saturday, Dec. 17.  Let's meet at 9 am near the day lodger exit where the ski check is located.  I'll be wearing  my usual blue ski jacket with the very visible neon-yellow safety harness/vest.

By the way, I have had some issues with my car battery lately, and the nearest Subaru Service cannot see me before Monday. So, there is a small possibility that I might not come if I can't start my car.   But, unless there is a big problem, I'll be there.

Emilio

Emilio

On 12/13/2022 4:26 PM, Glenn D wrote:
I was wondering if anyone was planning on skiing at Timberline this Saturday the 17th?  Would be nice not to ride the lifts alone.

Glenn

Emilio Trampuz

Dec 16, 2022, 2:25:11 AM12/16/22
to mth...@googlegroups.com
Update about this Saturday, Dec. 17, at Timberline.

1.  I have fixed my car.  Battery needed replacement.  It works fine now.  So, I will definitely be up there this Saturday.

2.  Parking.  If it's anything like it was last winter, there will NOT be any long lift lines at Timberline, but the parking lots will fill up very early. You need to be there before 7:30 am. The parking lots fill up very soon after that, and then they close Timberline road. So, most people drive up early and then snooze in their car for an hour or more until the lifts open.

If you drive up too late and the road to Timberline is closed, you have the following options:
  1. Stay on the road and wait till someone leaves the ski area and then more cars are allowed to drive up.
  2. Drive back to Government Camp, park as close as you can to the Summit Pass ski area, and take a free Timberline shuttle which starts from right in front of the Summit day lodge.
  3. Or take the Mt. Hood Express bus up for just $2.  This bus stops across the street from the gas station in Govy. It also stops in front of Collins Lake Resort in Govy.  But that bus can be quite full by the time it gets to Govy from Sandy.
  4. Last resort: Go ski at Skibowl.
Good luck and hope to see a few people up at Timberline.  We'll wait until the Mt. Hood Express bus arrives at 9 am before we hit the slopes.

Emilio

Glenn D

Dec 16, 2022, 1:55:34 PM12/16/22
to mth...@googlegroups.com
Sounds good Emilio. I will be wearing my red jacket with dark blue pants and silver helmet. See you in the morning.

Glenn

Mt-Jefferson-08-Emilio-Trampuz-ww.JPG

elit...@gmail.com

Dec 16, 2022, 9:18:12 PM12/16/22