Ski The Glade Trail Day - March 4th

Glenn D

Feb 15, 2023, 6:54:14 PM2/15/23
to Mountain High Snowsport Club
Anyone planning on attending the Ski The Glade Trail Day on March 4th? I have my ticket and it would be great to meet some other club members.

Glenn

Emilio Trampuz

Feb 15, 2023, 11:16:57 PM2/15/23
to mth...@googlegroups.com
Hi Glenn,

I have heard of a few of our members planning to participate, but I am not sure if they have already purchased their tickets for the event.  Or maybe they haven't signed up  to join this Forum (this Google Group).

I will be there on Saturday, March 4, for the Glade Trail Day.  I have participated in many of these in past years.  It should be fun to see how many people might actually be wearing vintage clothing.

The Glade Trail was used for skiing mostly in the 1920s and 1930s, before there were any ski lifts on the mountain.  And that's what we are going to be doing.  We'll ski the Glade Trail without the help of any ski lifts.  Just the shuttle buses from Government Camp.

Glade Trail
        Day

I don't think you need to dress like people in the 1920sd or 1930s.  Any period would do.  Like maybe something from the 1960s or 1970s.  People used to ski in nothing but a turtleneck and a colorful sweater, without any jacket.  As for pants, they used to be heavy woolen pants in the 1930s, and then stretch pants in the 1960s and 1970s.

Actually, the Glade Trail is being used to this day too.  Many people simply walk up using their cross-country skis, and then ski back down.

It's a fun event.  I'll be there for sure.

Just purchase you ticket ASAP by calling the Mt. Hood Museum at
(503) 272-3301.   Each year, they sell only 75 tickets, and each year they all sell out!

Emilio

On 2/15/2023 3:54 PM, Glenn D wrote:
Anyone planning on attending the Ski The Glade Trail Day on March 4th? I have my ticket and it would be great to meet some other club members.

Glenn

Sally N.

Feb 15, 2023, 11:42:45 PM2/15/23
to mth...@googlegroups.com
Howdy, FYI I was skiing the Glade Trail in the early 70's on a regular basis catching a bus from Huckleberry Inn to Timberline Lodge for just 50 cents!  I could ski all day long for under $5. We wore blue jeans or wool pants back then.  It's a fun day where you are sure to make some new friends and buddy up with some familiar ones. Hope to see you there!
Sally Niedermeyer

Linda or Bruce McGavin

Feb 16, 2023, 12:01:32 AM2/16/23
to mth...@googlegroups.com
Awesome story, Sally!

Linda

Annamarie Kooning

Feb 16, 2023, 12:10:18 PM2/16/23
to Mountain High Snowsport Club
I purchased my Ride The Glade ticket this AM.
I inquired as to how ticket sales were going; they have about 21-23 tickets left for purchase.
For those wanting to go, probably should be purchasing your tickets soon.
Annamarie