Parking at Timberline

Emilio

Jan 7, 2022, 4:40:20 PM1/7/22
to Mountain High Snowsport Club
Has anyone been to Timberline lately?  How is the parking situation there?  Do the parking lots fill up by about 7:30 a or so?  Do we still need to drive up so early and then snooze in the car till 9 am?

Keith Lamond

Jan 7, 2022, 5:00:08 PM1/7/22
to Mountain High Snowsport Club
I went up to Timberline last Sunday and had no problem finding parking at 8:30am.  I will note that road conditions on Rt 26 were poor, so that may have kept some people away.

Emilio Trampuz

Jan 7, 2022, 5:22:38 PM1/7/22
to mth...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your response Keith.  Finding parking at 8:30 am sound good, but it might have been due to bad weather.  In past years, I used to regularly drive up to Timberline at 8:30 am.  But last winter, 2020/2021, I remember arriving at Timberline one December or January day at 7:35 am, and I was one of the last cars able to find a parking spot.  They closed Timberline Road just a few minutes later. And yet, even on a busy day like that there were almost no lift lines at all.

Hard to believe that there were no lift lines on a sunny Saturday with all the parking lots full.  But it's true.  I recorded a video of that day. I called it: "A Day at Timberline", and it clearly shows empty slopes and no lift lines at all on Molly's chair, and very short lines on the other lifts. See3 it at:
https://youtu.be/BmPwvmEXF-U

However, I don't remember having to drive up quite that early later in the season.  It's almost like people lose interest in skiing by the time Spring comes with its sunny days.