Skiing Timberline on Tuesday Christmas eve

Terri I

Dec 22, 2019, 11:58:04 PM12/22/19
to Mountain High Snowsport Club
I will be near the ski check at 9:00 a.m. Hope to see some other like minds on the slopes before a busy Christmas holiday : )

Emilio Trampuz

Dec 23, 2019, 2:57:05 AM12/23/19
to mth...@googlegroups.com
I think someone in today's group at Timberline mentioned something about skiing either the day before Christmas or on Christmas day, but I don't remember who it was.  Most likely, people will make up their minds on the spur of the moment, depending on the weather. This past Sunday, only 2 people announced they were going skiing that day, but in the end, some 7 or 8 people showed up.

By the way, remember that Timberline is never over-crowded if all the lifts are open.  Their lift capacity far exceeds the capacity of their parking lot.  So, any day of the week is just fine. In fact, why battle rush hour traffic on weekdays, when traffic around town is so much lighter on weekends.

But on some days, especially the nice, sunny ones, Timberline's parking lot fills up quickly and then they close Timberline Road at Government Camp to all traffic except the local buses.   So, it is important to arrive at Timberline before 9 am.

If you ever get locked out because Timberline Road is closed, the only way to get to Timberline is by bus, using the Mt. Hood Express bus (for just $2 a ride), or Timberline's own shuttle buses (which are free if you have a season pass).

We need some more snow badly. Since the recent rain has washed away some of the snow at lower elevations, Molly's chair is now closed. The Jeff Flood express lift is open, but you can access is only by JoJaMi and Uncle Jon's Band (and Pete's Plunder).  But the lower half of the Kruser trail is closed until we get more snow!

Even with all that, some of us got some good skiing this Sunday.  See our latest pictures (from several people) on our Facebook Page at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/437012969755636/

Emilio