Timberline or Skibowl on Saturday April 2nd

Glenn D

Mar 28, 2022, 11:57:31 AM3/28/22
to Mountain High Snowsport Club
Hello All, I was wondering if anyone that is NOT attending the Bachelor Blast event that stayed home is interested in skiing this Saturday?  I would imagine that the snow will be in better shape at Timberline.

Keith Lamond

Mar 28, 2022, 1:35:37 PM3/28/22
to mth...@googlegroups.com
Hey Glenn, I'm interested in skiing Saturday.  I'm fine with either Timberbline or SkiBowl.

If Emilio is going, he can show us the couple of out of bounds trails he said are nice to ski on once the snow has softened up for spring.  I'd love to see some Timberline terrain I haven't been on yet.

Keith.

On Mon, Mar 28, 2022 at 8:57 AM Glenn D <glennd...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello All, I was wondering if anyone that is NOT attending the Bachelor Blast event that stayed home is interested in skiing this Saturday?  I would imagine that the snow will be in better shape at Timberline.

Emilio

Mar 29, 2022, 3:08:16 PM3/29/22
to Mountain High Snowsport Club
Hi Glenn and Keith, Yes, I'll be at Timberline this Saturday,  April 2.

If the snow is good enough, I'll gladly show you around some nice places that few people ever visit.  Where we go will also depend on which chairlifts are open.  For example:

1. If none of the upper lifts are open, we can ski the Mountaineer Trail Meadow and still return to the lifts.  Or, we can ski into Sand canyon and end up in Government Camp.  NOTE:  Sand Canyon does NOT take you to Government Camp automatically.  You have to EXIT the canayon at a specific point.

2. If the Magic Mile is open, we can do all of the above plus Little Zig Zag canyon.

3.  If the Palmer lift is open (which it probably won't be until about mid-Aptil), then we can do all that plus big Zig Zag canyonNOTE:  Big Zig Zag canyon can be a real trap with no easy exit, unless you exit it almost as soon as you enter it.

The terrain is mostly easy, similar to a Blue trail.  There are just a few places that might be challenging, but we can easily avoid those places or work around them.  If the snow is good, it can be as easy to ski as any groomed trail.

Some of these places, such as Zig Zag and Little Zig Zag are worth the visit just for the sights.  The scenery changes dramatically, especially around Zig Zag canyon.  If the snow is not very good, it is super easy to simply turn around and traverse back to the lifts.

Here's just a small preview of the entrance to the east branch of Sand Canyon.
Does anyone else want to join us?  Everyone is welcome!
Sand-Canyon-2012-10-wide-w.jpg

Emilio