Timberline this Saturday, Jan. 29

Emilio Trampuz

Jan 27, 2022, 12:35:47 AM1/27/22
to Mt. High All Club Forum
Want to meet up for some skiing this Saturday, Jan. 26, at Timberline? I will be there for sure.  It will be the last sunny day for a while.

The forecast says Saturday will be mostly sunny, with a high of 39ºF.  Spring-like conditions.  But then comes another winter storm, starting on Sunday - or maybe Saturday night - and continuing to snow for most of next week.

Meet at 9 am near the rear exit from the day lodge, near the free ski check, ready to go skiing. Will wait for the 9 am Mt. Hood Express bus.  Also, if you prefer to park at the lower parking lot, near Molly's chair, ski down to a lift and be among the first to get on the lift when it opens, and you can still meet us at the day lodge if you ski there as soon as the lift brings you up. We can wait for you, but only if you let us know in advance that this is your plan.

I'll have some orange ribbons tied to my ski poles, to make it easier for new members to find us.

Also, you can reach me on a 2- way radio, channel 6-19.  Or phone me at 503-510-1477
No text messages please.  In broad daylight, text messages are hard to read.  If I am driving, I can't reply to your text. But if you make a voice call, we can communicate instantly.

Emilio

Emilio

Jan 28, 2022, 11:23:36 PM1/28/22
to Mountain High Snowsport Club
Oops, that was a typo in the original message, where I said Saturday, Jan. 26.  I meant this coming Saturday, Jan. 28.
I'll be at Timberline around 9 am, near the rear exit from the Day lodge (Wy'east), near the ski check. I'll wait for the 9 am Mt. Hood Express bus to  arrive. I know that John Yoo will be on it.
Look for ski poles with orange ribbons, and a dude in a blue jacket  with reflective yellow/green highlights.

Emilio

Kurt Wilke

Jan 28, 2022, 11:31:30 PM1/28/22
to mth...@googlegroups.com
Hi Emilio:

I think I will be there, but I'll be parking in the lower lot just below the Molly chair.  Hope to find you on the slopes.

Kurt