Re: [MtHigh] Digest for mthigh@googlegroups.com - 3 updates in 1 topic

Stevie Viaene

Apr 5, 2020, 9:01:22 PM4/5/20
to mth...@googlegroups.com
We are repainting the inside of the house.  Vaccine can't some soon enough!!  Also - dogs' events have all been cancelled except for the Trick Dog certifications, which I now can enter by sending videos!  So dogs can work for treats and maybe even get that Advanced Trick Dog certificate - and we all know how much dogs like certificates.

Stevie Viaene
"We are the first generation to feel the  sting of climate change, and we are the last generation that can do something about it." Jay Inslee

On Sun, Apr 5, 2020 at 5:12 PM <mth...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
John A Davis <hike...@gmail.com>: Apr 05 12:15AM -0700

Today my daughter who came up from San Francisco and I hiked up to Pittcock
Mansion from where we parked on NW 25th & Johnson. All residential streets
with no one on them and if we ran into anyone we just crossed over to the
other side.
Ended up arriving at Pittock on the back entrance that is closed to cars
with a gate.
Sat on the lawn and looked out at NW portland and beyond.

Came down Forest Park trail that leaves from west end of parking lot.

A few people, all keeping their distance. My daughter and I kept our 6 feet
apart.

The Mazamas do hikes like this every Tuesday and Thursday. 6 miles 2 hours
they call them Street Rambles. They leave from REI.
Not happening right now I don't think.

Another Mazamas friend did a SW hike Riverview Cemetary to Terwilliger.

https://www.gaiagps.com/map/?loc=12.0/-122.6731/45.4524&popupLoc=-122.67600/45.46113&pubLink=PgwTe1yav0w0FJQoUqE5nN9s&trackId=144dc31135afd9bd3209be1928f778ac

Lots of options where you don't get very near anybody. When someone came by
in Forest Park we just walked off the trail until they passed. Was a great
refreshing time.

At home since I am a loner anyway I have lots of projects. Dancing
websites, play my new guitar, put music to some songs my Costa Rican friend
wrote the words too, clean up and organize my house (that will take longer
than any virus vaccine to show up haha).

Saw many spandex mafiosos riding up to Pittcock on their road rockets.

On Saturday, April 4, 2020 at 4:44:09 PM UTC-7, Emilio wrote:
Emilio <Emili...@Earthlink.net>: Apr 05 01:37PM -0700

Interesting ideas so far, including hiking along deserted streets and parks
as well as engaging online in ZOOM "happy hours".

I spend more time with my dog. He doesn't care about social distancing.
In fact, when I move from one room to another, he keeps following me. A
very social creature!

What else are people doing? What other ideas do you have? Let's share.
Linda or Bruce McGavin <mcgav...@gmail.com>: Apr 05 04:48PM -0700

Bruce and I are trying to go for neighborhood walks when the weather is
nice, or at times when we are certain it won't rain, have been going for
long bike rides along the Trolley Trail, I-205 path, and the Springwater
Corridor.

It is also a good time to go through years worth of paper clutter ... I
wonder if a shredding company is an essential business?

Linda McGavin

Kurt Krueger

Apr 6, 2020, 10:21:14 AM4/6/20
to mth...@googlegroups.com, Stevie Viaene
On 4/5/2020 6:00 PM, Stevie Viaene wrote:
We are repainting the inside of the house.  Vaccine can't some soon enough!!  Also - dogs' events have all been cancelled except for the Trick Dog certifications, which I now can enter by sending videos!  So dogs can work for treats and maybe even get that Advanced Trick Dog certificate - and we all know how much dogs like certificates.
If they taste good.  My cat would love them.  He dumpster dives in the wastebaskets and chews up the thick paper advertisements.