Mt. Hood Meadows

Rick Crispell

Jan 29, 2020, 4:07:05 AM1/29/20
to Mountain High Snowsport Club
I usually ski Sundays at Mt. Hood Meadows. I have been scouting the ski area for years. Older "Expert skier" looking for other "expert" skiers that like mini adventures. Super Bowl and Heather/Clark Canyon is what I look forward to. Trees to above the timberline and working from one side of the mountain to the other side. Packing water is a must. Safety is always forefront. Let me know if a group or a few would be interested.
Thanks,
Rick

charlyl...@gmail.com

Jan 29, 2020, 8:52:49 PM1/29/20
to Mountain High Snowsport Club
Rick, I’d like to join you, I am expert level and love the trees, fresh pow, bumps etc, I will be on the mountain this Friday and can meet up with you at either mhm or whenever, just looking to connect with some good skiers. Let me know, you can email me at char...@gmail.com

Debbie Thomas

Jan 29, 2020, 9:35:33 PM1/29/20
to mth...@googlegroups.com
Hey Rick, I have a few questions for you.

Are you talking about downhill skiing with some occasional hiking to get to a good area or do you use AT gear with skins and are talking about back country touring in the boundary of Meadows?

Also, do you only ski Meadows on Sundays or are you open to weekdays?  FYI:  We have a group of experts who ski mid-week and there's also a email group for them.

Debbie T.

I usually ski Sundays at Mt. Hood Meadows. I have been scouting the ski area for years. Older "Expert skier" looking for other "expert" skiers that like mini adventures. Super Bowl and Heather/Clark Canyon is what I look forward to. Trees to above the timberline and working from one side of the mountain to the other side. Packing water is a must. Safety is always forefront. Let me know if a group or a few would be interested.
Thanks,
Rick

Linda or Bruce McGavin

Jan 29, 2020, 10:10:17 PM1/29/20
to mth...@googlegroups.com
Most of the regular Mt. Hood Meadows advanced skiing group is away this week, some in Canada and some in Utah (us, the McGavins).  You will probably meet up with us on other midweek days at Meadows, especially on powder days, but watch out for "no friends in powder".  Watch the forums for announcements.

Linda McGavin

On Wed, Jan 29, 2020 at 5:52 PM <charlyl...@gmail.com> wrote:
Rick, I’d like to join you, I am expert level and love the trees, fresh pow, bumps etc, I will be on the mountain this Friday and can meet up with you at either mhm or whenever, just looking to connect with some good skiers. Let me know, you can email me at char...@gmail.com

Rick Crispell

Jan 30, 2020, 4:35:14 AM1/30/20
to mth...@googlegroups.com
Hi Debbie,
I'll do a little hiking without AT gear. Most of the time it's intentional. The most hiking I would do is Super Bowl, the torture is worth the rewards on a nice day. The common route with a little hike I often do is to drop down the far back of A zone and go to the canyon wall and hike across the ridge to get to the upper part of Clark Canyon. Beautiful back there. I would LOVE to ski mid- week but my work schedule won't allow it. I do plan on using my vacation for skiing this season. Yes I would like to get together with a high level group during the week when I schedule it at work. If I can get their email address that would be great. In the meantime I'll be skiing Sundays at Meadows and would like to join up with some good skiers if possible.
Thanks,
Rick

Rick Crispell

Jan 30, 2020, 5:23:08 AM1/30/20
to mth...@googlegroups.com

Debbie Thomas

Jan 30, 2020, 12:31:20 PM1/30/20
to mth...@googlegroups.com
Wow Rick, you're a perfect fit for our mid-week group.  I've hiked to the top of Super Bowl.  We regularly hike across "Ptex Ridge" to Clark Canyon/Hammer Bowl/Accordion Bowl/Baked Alaska/Pea Gravel.  Just email the mid-week google group on the website.  All of us are retired so don't ski weekends.  Notice the untracked snow in the 2nd pix.  The mid-week forum will reach all of us.  Look forward to you joining us.

Debbie

Sent: Thursday, January 30, 2020 1:35 AM
To: mth...@googlegroups.com <mth...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: [MtHigh] Mt. Hood Meadows

2016-12-01 Meadows1.JPG
IMG_1855.-eJPG (2).jpg

Rick Crispell

Jan 30, 2020, 6:28:45 PM1/30/20
to mth...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Deb I'll be retiring in June and will stick around for another year. I'll try to hock up with you guys mid-week when I cane take the time off.

Rick Crispell

Jan 30, 2020, 6:35:16 PM1/30/20
to mth...@googlegroups.com