Meadows Wed. 1/24

James Koenig

Jan 23, 2024, 5:51:19 PMJan 23
to Mt. High Mid-week skiers
Anyone at Meadows on Wed. 1/24?
I'm new and won't recognize anyone, so I'll need a place and time.

LisaMiller

Jan 23, 2024, 8:08:14 PMJan 23
to Mt. High Mid-week skiers
Hi James
I am planning on skiing at Meadows tomorrow but I am not sure what time I will get there.  I will be in a teal coat, tan pants, pink helmet.  Top of Hood River Meadows lift at 11am.
Hope to ski with you!

Lisa

Emilio Trampuz

Jan 23, 2024, 8:44:10 PMJan 23
to mthigh-...@googlegroups.com
I am tempted to join you, but I have a lot of work to do, and on top of that, my car is still in the shop being worked on. So, I'll join yoiu some other time.

Emilio

Linda or Bruce McGavin

Jan 23, 2024, 8:54:14 PMJan 23
to mthigh-...@googlegroups.com
Lisa and James,

We might look for you at that time and place (if it's not raining or close to it).  Bruce and I plan to ski tomorrow, but we still get there early.

Bruce has a red jacket and black pants, and I am all in purple (Linda).

James, what are you wearing?

Linda

Bill Derocher

Jan 23, 2024, 11:15:49 PMJan 23
to mthigh-...@googlegroups.com
I can’t make it this week, but I am planning on Tue or Wed next week.

Have a great time,
Bill

Emilio Trampuz

Jan 24, 2024, 12:20:33 AMJan 24
to mthigh-...@googlegroups.com
Hey folks,

This latest conversation show that we really need to come up with some sort of identifying sign that will indicate we are Mountain High members, so that we wouldn't have to describe to each other what we will be wearing, ... which is hard to remember anyway.

We need some sort of flag, maybe to attach it to our ski poles, .... or an armband, .... or something.  WE've been talking about this for a long time, but so far we have nothing to show fro all that talk.

Oh, except that tying orange ribbons to our ski poles seemed to work for a while.

Emilio

Dave Towle

Jan 24, 2024, 12:52:30 AMJan 24
to mthigh-...@googlegroups.com
I liked the short orange streamer we used to put on our pole strap at the Whitefish and Schweitzer trips. It was always easy to spot in the lift line. Any bright color would do, even a bit of yarn. Thanks, Dave Towle

James Koenig

Jan 24, 2024, 1:29:32 AMJan 24
to Mt. High Mid-week skiers
I'm 6'3" and wearing a blue Columbia parka (looks a lot like what the Meadows crew wears) and black pants.
I saw an older message about the dining area in the old lodge just inside from the ticket kiosk.  I'll look in there around 8:30.
I'll try to meet Lisa at 11am.

The club needs helmet stickers!
Maybe something like the image at the top of the website on a 3" wide by 1" high sticker.  The pale blue color would be easy to spot.

James

Linda or Bruce McGavin

Jan 24, 2024, 10:51:17 AMJan 24
to mthigh-...@googlegroups.com
Lisa and James,

I don't think we are going based upon the forecast and the pictures from the mountain.  But maybe Bruce will go up on his own.

Linda McGavin