Getting messages REALLY late

Karen Johanson

Jan 29, 2022, 2:28:48 PM1/29/22
to Mt. High Mid-week skiers
I tried sending a message to group owners at https://groups.google.com/d/contactowner/mthigh-midweek, but got this error message: "This group does not accept email to owners or managers," so posting here.

I am regularly getting email notifications WAY after messages are posted, even though my membership settings specify "each email." I didn't see Drew's message about skiing Thursday until Friday at  8:02 PM, for instance.

I tend to plan a bit last-minute based on my deadlines and snow conditions, so it would be super-helpful to be able to communicate within a few days of planning to head up, but if messages take 1-2 days to get to the rest of the club, that's not so much an option :-)

Is there an easy way to open a ticket with Google Groups to find out if there's a technical reason for the delays?

Thanks to the moderators for all your efforts!

Also, if anyone beyond group owners has read this far, I do note that people talk about meeting at various locations at Meadows, but often not what time. So I'd love to hear what time to look for people! And if anyone else heads up midday after things have softened when we're going through weather cycles like this one. I just can't justify heading up when it's bad if waiting a few hours improves conditions :-)

Emilio Trampuz

Jan 30, 2022, 12:39:55 AM1/30/22
to mthigh-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Karen,

Emilio here.  I am the one who originally set up these two Forums / Google Groups.  So, I guess I am the "owner".

I am terribly sorry about the dealy in your messages s far, but this latest one has come through right away, without a delay.  And I am prety sure that all your future messageas will be sent out instantly without delays.

The delas are built into the system on purpose - to prevent spam.  The system is set up so that whenever someone first joins the Forum and posts their first message, that message needs to be reviewed and approved by one of the group's moderators.  I apologize for not noticing your ealrier message in order to approve it.  I used to receive an email alert every time something needs approval, but for some reason I am not receiving these alerts reliably every time.  I will try to find out why that happens.

But, the important thing is that you have now been approved.  Only one of your messages needs to be approved. After that, everyting becomes automatic and no further delays or approvals are necessary. Feel free to post to your heart's content.

NOTE TO EVERYONE:  When you post messages, please specify not only the place to meet but also the time of day, like Karen suggested.
Also, please specify the date.  Because if you say only "This Thursday", someone reading that message a week later won't know which Thursday you meant.  They might misinterpret that to mean the coming Thursday, which is in fact a week after the one you meant.

Emilio

Emilio Trampuz
Mountain High Snowsport Club, www.mthigh.org
Phone: 503-510-1477