This Week

Mark Vibbard

Jan 12, 2020, 12:28:15 PM1/12/20
to Mt. High Mid-week skiers
Walt, Kay & I headed up Monday to MHM, and probably more. Everyday looks potentially good this week!

Robert Voss

Jan 12, 2020, 12:40:11 PM1/12/20
to Mt. High Mid-week skiers
I'm planning to go up to Meadows on Tuesday.

Debbie Thomas

Jan 12, 2020, 8:43:34 PM1/12/20
to mthigh-...@googlegroups.com
Hey Mark, I may join you fellas.  Wind gusts are still 73mph at top of MHX and 90mph top of Cascade.  I'll decide in morning. . . all that new snow and it's going to be wind affected---noooooooooooooooo.

Walt, Kay & I headed up Monday to MHM, and probably more. Everyday looks potentially good this week!

Mark Vibbard

Jan 12, 2020, 10:32:03 PM1/12/20
to mthigh-...@googlegroups.com

75 MPH top of MHX currently.

Tues, Wed, Thurs certainly look calmer currently than Monday. I am also up for some of those.

ldr...@frontier.com

Jan 12, 2020, 10:59:32 PM1/12/20
to Mt. High Mid-week skiers
I was planning on going Monday. However, the last 2 days of shoveling snow has kicked my butt. I will see tomorrow morning if I have the energy to ski. Monday is my only available day this coming week. -Dean

Debbie Thomas

Jan 12, 2020, 11:03:13 PM1/12/20
to mthigh-...@googlegroups.com
Mark, I'll check wind in morning.  Are you guys going tomorrow regardless?  Even if gusts are still 50 mph & up?

Jan 13, 2020, 8:35:17 AM1/13/20
to mthigh-...@googlegroups.com

31 mph as of 5:30 am. We are good to go

Debbie Thomas

Jan 13, 2020, 8:37:49 AM1/13/20
to mthigh-...@googlegroups.com
Did you see gusts are 81, 76 and 76 mph the last 3 hours?

Sent: Monday, January 13, 2020 5:35 AM

Linda or Bruce McGavin

Jan 13, 2020, 8:45:13 AM1/13/20
to mthigh-...@googlegroups.com
We are looking at those winds too, and that's what we see.  We're also waiting for them to update the phone.  Winds may affect lift ops just got on the website.  The guy is sleepy - he said they are open from 4-4.

The McGavins

Debbie Thomas

Jan 13, 2020, 8:47:22 AM1/13/20
to mthigh-...@googlegroups.com
Knock yourselves out--I'll go tomorrow instead.

Jan 13, 2020, 8:59:28 AM1/13/20
to mthigh-...@googlegroups.com
The phone finally got updated, and the guy said winds to 76 at the top of MHX.  But on the website they lowered the winds.

Debbie Thomas

Jan 13, 2020, 9:01:10 AM1/13/20
to mthigh-...@googlegroups.com
I used to work there.  Never trust the website or the phone.  Look at telemetry for the real story.

Jan 14, 2020, 8:18:23 PM1/14/20
to mthigh-...@googlegroups.com
I'm planning on MHM tomorrow.

Lisa

Jan 14, 2020, 9:09:08 PM1/14/20
to mthigh-...@googlegroups.com
Lisa,

Bruce and I plan to be there.  The people who skied today said it was difficult; not as nice as it was on Monday afternoon.

Linda

Walt Blomberg

Jan 14, 2020, 11:25:06 PM1/14/20
to mthigh-...@googlegroups.com
We'll see you all tomorrow at MHM...❄⛷. Walt

Debbie Thomas

Jan 14, 2020, 11:34:35 PM1/14/20
to mthigh-...@googlegroups.com
Wear your powder straps.  It was very deep today.  Debbie

Jan 14, 2020, 11:37:02 PM1/14/20
to mthigh-...@googlegroups.com

You retired and work from home guys are killing me!!!!  I have had almost a foot on my car each day in govy the last few days.

karen

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Jan 15, 2020, 12:04:29 AM1/15/20
to mthigh-...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I agree.  There was so much snow on my car this past Sunday at Skibowl that I became aware of an issue with my car's roof-top box.  The snow that accumulated on top of the roof-top box was so heavy that it was hard to lift it to open the box. I managed it, but if I had stayed there for a few more hours, I might not have been able to open the box.

Emilio

Towlehouse

Jan 17, 2020, 11:32:28 AM1/17/20
to mthigh-...@googlegroups.com
Dave is here at Shush. Bright orange helmet.

From Dave's iPhone 7

On Jan 14, 2020, at 9:04 PM, Emilio Trampuz <Emili...@earthlink.net> wrote:

 Yes, I agree.  There was so much snow on my car this past Sunday at Skibowl that I became aware of an issue with my car's roof-top box.  The snow that accumulated on top of the roof-top box was so heavy that it was hard to lift it to open the box. I managed it, but if I had stayed there for a few more hours, I might not have been able to open the box.

Emilio

Linda or Bruce McGavin

Jan 17, 2020, 11:52:32 AM1/17/20
to mthigh-...@googlegroups.com
Dave,

If you don't see anyone at Schuss they have probably gone out already.  Bruce McGavin, Mark Vibbard, and Debbie Thomas are skiing today.  Bruce is wearing a red jacket and gray pants, and has a red pack crosswise on his back.  Mark wears a dark blue jacket.  Debbie has so many choices I don't know what she's wearing today.

Linda McGavin