How are you coping?

Emilio

Apr 5, 2020, 8:00:45 PM4/5/20
to Mt. High Mid-week skiers
Sorry if this is a duplicate for some people.  This question was first posted in the All-Club Forum, but maybe not all mid-week skiers have signed up for that forum.

So, how are you coping with self-isolation and the whole virus situation?  Do you still go to work?  Do you wear a mask?  How do you pass the time at home?  Any ideas you might want to share with others?  Let us know.

ARMOND ANDERSON

Apr 5, 2020, 8:46:10 PM4/5/20
to mthigh-...@googlegroups.com
Retired. Wife and I are healthy. Reading, new TV programs (no news) and bike riding with bandanna.
On April 5, 2020 at 5:00 PM Emilio <Emili...@Earthlink.net> wrote:

Sorry if this is a duplicate for some people.  This question was first posted in the All-Club Forum, but maybe not all mid-week skiers have signed up for that forum.

So, how are you coping with self-isolation and the whole virus situation?  Do you still go to work?  Do you wear a mask?  How do you pass the time at home?  Any ideas you might want to share with others?  Let us know.

seawi...@aol.com

Apr 5, 2020, 8:51:55 PM4/5/20
to mthigh-...@googlegroups.com
Emilio, I am doing just fine.  Thanks for asking. I am on day 20 with not seeing a single soul in person.  Do a walk every other day or so but stay on the opposite side of the street if I see anyone but frankly there are few people out there and most are walking their dogs. Thought I would be more bored than I am but I guess I don't mind spending a lot of time alone!  Always learning about one's self. I have spent a lot of time on the phone with family and friends and neighbors are checking in.  I am blessed. My yard looks great, starting to work on the house but that is not very motivating for me.  Washed my kitchen floor today and then scrubbed the baseboards to prepare for painting.  Put down the tape to protect the floor and then went out to the garage to get the paint.  Ooops, first things first.  The paint was older than I thought and was like cement! Always learning.  I should have checked that first! Oh well, no visitors will be coming for awhile so I will just wait to buy the paint and leave the tape on the floor. I think I have enough food to last another month although none of it will be fresh except for the herbs in my garden and the potatoes, oranges, lemons, limes and onions in my  garage.  Probably move all of that into my frig as space is eased up. Lots of homemade soups, chili, stews and spag sauce in my freezer plus one pot roast. Almost out of the fish I brought back from Alaska last summer though. I only have a little halibut from Alaska and mahi mahi from a friend in Mexico left. I have one more day for a fresh salad. Romaine, celery and carrots lasts forever!  Garden parsley and chives will be used a lot in the coming days. Yes, I have frozen vegetables and some canned stuff so I won't starve and will still remain healthy. Out of wine but Portland tap water will suffice!  And you?  Are you and Hannah doing well?  Is this affecting your business?  Both my children are in sales and commission based so they will end up struggling. You are the glue that keeps our ski club connected, Emilio.  I want to gratefully thank you for your friendship and all the countless hours you have spent over the years keeping us all together!  You are the best! Cheers, Elaine

P1030532.JPG
P1030533.JPG

seawi...@aol.com

Apr 5, 2020, 9:01:12 PM4/5/20
to mthigh-...@googlegroups.com
OOOPS. Sorry all. When I responded I thought my response would only go to Emilio.  Another lesson learned but maybe some of you won't mind hearing my news! Hope so! To those I know and those I don't know stay well and cheers to all!

Apr 6, 2020, 9:12:36 PM4/6/20
to mthigh-...@googlegroups.com
Hello mid-week skiers,

Thanks to everyone who has responded to this question.  I hope you folks don't mind if we quote some parts of what you wrote in the next issue of Lift Lines.

Meanwhile, let's keep the conversation going here in the Forum.

Emilio