Automated login and download

somebody1234

Feb 27, 2010, 8:29:02 PM2/27/10
Hi!
I would like to do this to a specific page from an application in an
automated way:
-fill in 2 input field
-simulate the clicking on the submit button
-simulate clicking on a specific link
-simulate the selection of an option element
-simulate the clicking on submit button
-automaticly capture the download which will be initiated if the above
steps are right. and download a file

I want to do this to automaticly log in to a page and download price
lists on a weekly-daily basis.
The friend who needs this wants to download a lot of price list from
that page and wants to make the task automatic. A background process
which can download all the files in background every 3-4 day.
Unfortunately this site uses asp.net and ajax-javascript. I have
little knowledge in these topics and it seems incredibly hard to
extract any data from url-s.And anyway I cannot track whats going on
between the server and the browser. And I cant simulate the requests
in a simple way.
But I thought I could use xulrunner and xpcom from java cause in the
browser you can afterall execute all steps and you can download the
file within a classic browser. So if you could control an embedded
browser from code you could simulate the above steps.

I could complete all the steps except the last. I found a tutorial
code which I completed to simulate the navigation till the downloading
process. It uses xulrunner swt and xpcom from java code. But I cannot
imagine what to do from here. I need the last step to simulate the
clik on the submit button and after that I suppose that the server
computes some link tied to that session and mozilla captures that.

I think I should use the nsIDownload-nsIDownloader etc interfaces. But
I could not find any documentation or any relevant ifnormation for
about 4 days of hard search of how should I do it.
I could not find api-s javadoc tutorials.. nothing.

Please help me if you can if possible in one of the following way:
-If you know an easier way of doing this with another technic or
something like that let me know

-please give me information on what xulrunner and xpcom classes should
I use with this problem especially with the downloading part, and how
to initialize them and use them from java code.

-please if you can give me links to detailed api,reference and
documentation about xulrunner and xpcom.Something like a javadoc for a
java library or component. For the javaxpcom part I never even found
an api. And the xulrunner guide pdf on the mozilla developement site
is broken.
Where to find a detailed class reference and api?

-If you have any idea on how to capture the url from the last step
that would be good also cause I could use wget or other tools like
that to download it. The hard part is how to know the exact download
link after the user cliks on the submit button.

Thanks in advance

jimb...@gmail.com

Dec 21, 2013, 9:58:34 AM12/21/13
воскресенье, 28 февраля 2010 г., 5:29:02 UTC+4 пользователь somebody1234 написал:
Используй executeJavascript(Javascript code) этого хватит