M80 Ring Road Trail closures

Faith Hunter

Jul 23, 2021, 2:31:40 AMJul 23
to Moreland BUG
Some news about upcoming impacts on the M80 Ring Road Trail:

  • The M80 Trail will remain closed between Blaxland Avenue overpass and the Edgars Road Greensborough-bound exit ramp until late 2021, so that we can safely continue critical construction works.

  • Blaxland overpass will be closed from 8pm, Friday 20 August to 6am, Monday 23 August, so that we can safely continue with our freeway upgrade.

  • We will be closing the Kathryn Street overpass nightly from Sunday 8 August to Friday 20 August between 9pm and 5am, so that we can safely install under-structure cables.

Faith Hunter

Convenor
Moreland BUG
postcardsf...@gmail.com

Sign up for our newsletter https://mailchi.mp/595749e8a612/morelandisbetterbybike

Facebook: /MorelandBUG Twitter: @MorelandBUG  Instagram:  @moreland.bug

We acknowledge and pay our respect to the traditional custodians of the land we live, work and ride on, the people of the Kulin nation, We pay our respects to ancestors and Elders, past, present and future. We acknowledge that it always was and always will be Aboriginal Land, sovereignty was never ceded.

John Harland

Jul 23, 2021, 4:43:22 AMJul 23
to Faith Hunter, Moreland BUG
Am I just a whinger if I wonder when increasing the capacity of a bikeway will be seenas "critical"?
Or where a bikeway upgrade is seen as adequate reason to send car traffic around a poorly-signposted detour of several kilometres?

John
__

--
Visit https://groups.google.com/d/forum/morelandbug to see all previous messages; or click on "My Settings" to change settings so that rather than seeing each message you can get daily summaries, combined updates or no mail (but still be able to post messages and see all messages); or to leave the group.
---

--
John C. Harland