12 month vs. 18 month planner

David L

Sep 2, 2008, 12:43:09 PM9/2/08
to Moleskinerie
Hello!

I am really looking at getting back into the analogue... I had a Palm
TX that died for the 3rd time, and I am just not willing to replace or
fix it again. I've owned a lot of different PDAs, all the way back to
the Palm Professional. I like them a lot, but I am sick of having to
make sure my batteries are charged before I go on a trip, etc.

With that, I am looking at getting a planner from Moleskine, and I am
debating between the 12 month weekly and 18 month weekly. Given that
2008 is getting close to drawing to a close, and the 18 month planners
seem to be backordered, I am inclined to wait to start my D/A
conversion until the first part of 2009. I am in school, however, and
if I can use the 18 month planner starting this next quarter, it would
be a big plus.

Thoughts?
Has anyone here used one or both of these planners? What did you
think?

Thanks,
DavidJLarsen

David L

Sep 2, 2008, 3:22:21 PM9/2/08
to Moleskinerie
I did find the softcover version... these things are hard to find, by
the way. The Mill Creek location had some in stock.

http://www.bookstore.washington.edu/default.taf?

Stephanie

Sep 16, 2008, 1:05:18 PM9/16/08
to Moleskinerie
I also decided to switch to analog scheduling methods this school
year, and am using the 18 month weekly planner/notebook. This one has
the planner pages on the left side and ruled paper on the right. It's
perfect, because it allows me to write in other things I have to get
done that don't have a specific due date, or things to remember, etc.
I bought my planner in August, but I was in Europe (Berlin, Germany)
for a month. I'm not sure how easy they'd be to find in America. I
remember looking on Amazon just for price comparison, and even with
the horrible exchange rate, it was cheaper in Europe. Apparently it
was also easier to find, since they were in almost every stationery
store I went to.

If I were you, I'd check local bookstores and stationery stores, and
if that doesn't work, try Amazon. You can set it up so that they text
message you when an item becomes available, and then respond to the
text message to buy it. It's very easy, and you don't have to
obsessively check Amazon.com to find the thing. If you're having
trouble, I'd go that way.

So in short, I say YES, switch to a Moleskine planner. I love them. I
find the 18 month setup is useful for students since it started in
July and therefore covers a whole school year. If you won't be able to
find one until January, though, it would be pointless to buy one that
covers six months that have passed. Good luck!

From,
Stephanie
melomania

David L

Sep 16, 2008, 1:56:10 PM9/16/08
to Moleskinerie
Thanks for the reply!

Since I last posted, I did find a Moleskine XL 18 month planner... at
a university book store. I actually wanted the Large hardcover
version, but the lady sent me the XL softcover. I still enjoy using
it, though it does seem to get a little bent up in my messenger bag.

I've posted a little bit about it here:
http://www.theminoradjustment.com/2008/09/change-for-analog.html

David