What is the model/year??

Bree

Jan 4, 2017, 9:16:02 AM1/4/17
to Model A Ford Forum
Would like to find out what year and model this is? It was my grandpas and I just can't figure it out. Thanks for your help.

daniel perla

Jan 4, 2017, 9:23:52 AM1/4/17
to modelaf...@googlegroups.com

Happy New Year,

The Model A production years were 1928-1931.  If you go to our website: www.shadetreeas.org you can look at various body styles and years of Model A Fords using this

 LINK:  http://www.shadetreeas.org/Gallery/index.php

Hope this helps,

Dan Perla, STA Webmaster

Gary Giberson

Jan 4, 2017, 11:52:50 AM1/4/17
to modelaf...@googlegroups.com
If you look carefully on the engine block you will see the engine number, the body number is on the frame not visable... The numbers are all listed on various Model A web sights, they can tell you what month the Model A was built...  Gary...   www.mayorgarysgarage.com

Bree

Jan 4, 2017, 6:33:35 PM1/4/17
to Model A Ford Forum

Frknapp3

Jan 4, 2017, 6:36:37 PM1/4/17
to modelaf...@googlegroups.com
Looks like a 28 or 29 Chevy to me without doing some research

Sent from my iPhone

daniel perla

Jan 4, 2017, 6:54:32 PM1/4/17
to modelaf...@googlegroups.com
The dust cap on the front axle has a DB stamped in it.  Last time I looked that stood for DODGE BROTHERS....  That make this a Dodge I reckon.

Frknapp3

Jan 4, 2017, 7:15:16 PM1/4/17
to modelaf...@googlegroups.com
I agree. Vent on cowl, flat sided fenders, wheels do look like Dodge Brothers.
I can't find a DB with the slant windshield to determine what year
Definitely not a Model A

Sent from my iPhone

Bree

Jan 4, 2017, 7:53:13 PM1/4/17
to Model A Ford Forum
ahhhh.... I didn't think so. thanks for your help!!

daniel perla

Jan 4, 2017, 7:55:01 PM1/4/17
to modelaf...@googlegroups.com
Glad to help

Gary Giberson

Jan 4, 2017, 10:24:13 PM1/4/17
to modelaf...@googlegroups.com
That pink thing is not a Ford Model A.  The crow supports a raisable air vent, never on an "A"    They did not have solid wheel rims, their radiators were stainless I doubt any one would paint it PINK......

Frknapp3

Jan 5, 2017, 9:11:09 AM1/5/17
to modelaf...@googlegroups.com
Bree,
Not to worry! Your car was never painted
pink. That's an old coat of Red Oxide
Primer applied after the car was
sandblasted to prevent rust.
Looks like a fairly nice candidate
for restoration but will be very costly.
Good luck

Sent from my iPhone