Re: [ModelAFordForum:527] I don't know what this is

daniel perla

Aug 20, 2013, 7:46:49 PM8/20/13
to modelaf...@googlegroups.com
Dorus,

That "armored cable" goes between the distributor and the ignition switch in the original configuration of the Model A.  It's path is through the cowl/firewall and into the sleeve at the bottom of the gas tank and then routed to the ignition switch.  This is what make up the ignition circuit turned ON and OFF by the ignition key of the instrument panel on the dash.

Hope this helps,
Dan Perla
Shade Tree A's