1930 no spark

tom.m...@skanska.com

Jun 2, 2013, 8:03:44 AM6/2/13
to modelaf...@googlegroups.com
Guys
I ve had this car for 30 years. I start her up every couple of years I was planning on doing some driving this summer so I have started to spruce her up.
I started the car by jumping off a 12 volt car that I have. After cleaning the carb , the car started and ran fine..I went to the local parts store and brought a new 6 volt battery and started the car. It ran fine for 30 seconds and then stopped and I can not get it restarted. I have concluded I have no spark. But I have tried everything I can think about ,but no start, no spark . Did i do some damage that I can not find.
I have been starting the car like this for the last 15 years. I consider my self pretty handy but this has me stumped. Any help by posts or email or phone I would appreciate
Tom

carl nelson

Jun 5, 2013, 12:10:19 PM6/5/13
to modelaf...@googlegroups.com
I WOULD CK MY COIL OR HAVE IT TESTED
> --
> --
> ---
> "Model A Ford Forum" group.
> email to modelafordfor...@googlegroups.com.

n32...@nefcom.net

Jun 5, 2013, 12:50:54 PM6/5/13
to modelaf...@googlegroups.com
Check your coil or condenser in the distributor. You can check your fire by
removing the distributor cap and turning the engine until the points open
with your key in the on position and you should get a spark . Some times I
have had a bad points and required cleaning the points surface by filing and
resetting the gap. George