New to model a

eri...@comcast.net

Jan 3, 2019, 12:24:17 PM1/3/19
to Model A Ford Forum
Hi I am new to the early fords
I just bought a 29 5 window coupe
Runs & drives.
After I got it home I discovered lots of rust in the cooling system so I flushed everything g until clean water came out. I had the engine running as it drained keeping it topped off with a water hose. Yes it ran all down the radiator & fan blew water everywhere. Engine started missing & popping then died. Can't get it to restart. Looked for water in distributor didn't find any but wonder if water got into something
Ideas?

Frknapp3

Jan 3, 2019, 12:35:51 PM1/3/19
to modelaf...@googlegroups.com
Check to be sure no water in the distributor cap instead of inside!
Same thing happened to one of our members on New Years Day
Had water in cap where coil wire connects

Sent from my iPhone
> --

G Terence Reuland

Jan 3, 2019, 2:05:55 PM1/3/19
to modelaf...@googlegroups.com
Water must have gotten into ignition system. Only other thing that crosses my mind is water in fuel. You can check that by draining the sediment bulb into glass jar and see if water layers out. If so also drain carburetor.

Robert Allinson

May 24, 2019, 8:50:16 AM5/24/19
to Model A Ford Forum
Have you got the solution? i am also facing this problem in my ford towing truck which we are using for 24-hour Roadside Assistance, if have fixed so kindly share your experience, please.

eri...@comcast.net

May 24, 2019, 9:12:22 AM5/24/19
to Model A Ford Forum
Shorted out condenser