Gas Tank Sealer Question

FRKn...@aol.com

Dec 2, 2016, 2:38:33 PM12/2/16
to modelaf...@googlegroups.com
Just wondering if anyone has ever used the Bill Hirsch Gas Tank Sealer in a spray gun.
I am attempting to seal my gas tank in-car and have the attachment to get behind the baffles. Problem is, I have no idea what reducer will thin it enough to spray.
Since it's advertised as being "Alcohol Proof" I doubt lacquer thinner would work since it's alcohol!
Any suggestions?
Thanks
Frank Knapp Augusta, GA.

haldavis2000

Dec 2, 2016, 7:59:14 PM12/2/16
to modelaf...@googlegroups.com
I'm betting MEK would think it, but couldn't swear to it. try it on a small amount ( a few drops)  and see what it does.

Frknapp3

Dec 2, 2016, 8:00:45 PM12/2/16
to modelaf...@googlegroups.com
Will do. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone

Frknapp3

Dec 3, 2016, 10:23:29 AM12/3/16
to modelaf...@googlegroups.com
Hal. You were correct! Just got the same answer from Hirsch.
Only thing is they say it won't be as effective and I can agree with that. I'm still thinking anything would be better than nothing.
Guess I'll try it on a rusty bumper and see what happens

Sent from my iPhone

haldavis2000

Dec 4, 2016, 5:55:58 AM12/4/16
to modelaf...@googlegroups.com
Glad you got it figured out. Good luck with your tank.