Old Gas Station in Charleston, SC

Hal Davis

Dec 28, 2008, 7:30:03 PM12/28/08
to Model A Forum, Model T Forum
I've seen photos and have heard people talk about an old gas station in Charleston, SC that is full of automobilia and petroliana displays. I am interested in visiting it. If you know what I am talking about, let me ask you a few questions.

Is it open to the public or just a private collection?

What are the hours of operation?

Do you have the name and number of a contact there?

Any info would be helpful.

Thanks,

Hal Davis

bandbj...@juno.com

Dec 28, 2008, 8:23:42 PM12/28/08
to Model-T-F...@googlegroups.com

Hal,

Yes, there is such a place. Our Model T club met there with the Charleston area Model A Club a few years ago. The only name I can come up with at this time is Sonny Mevers. Some of our other club members are in contact with him, and other A club members so can probably give you the information you need.

Bill Carson

Click for online loan, fast & no lender fee, approval today
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/PnY6rw2P5sgxRT6WWmbLDKeoozpdw3Zo1eXePTiojG1QZj9SA3LRc/

bill_d

Dec 29, 2008, 4:02:54 PM12/29/08
to Model-T-F...@googlegroups.com
I live close to where you are referring to and I will have one of the
members of that club contact you with details. Bill

KELLEY BLACKBURN

Dec 30, 2008, 12:26:06 PM12/30/08
to Model-T-F...@googlegroups.com
The gentleman's name is Mel Rauten, I think that is how it is spelled. He is in the Low Country Model A Club in Charleston and the station is his and they have club meetings there. I don't think it is open to the public but if you call him I am sure he would be glad to show it to you.

offshore classic

Mar 23, 2009, 1:07:49 PM3/23/09
to Model-T-F...@googlegroups.com

HI,Anyone know of a set of fenders for sale that will fit a 1926-27 T roadster? Do not have to be perfect,just repairable.Thanks

John Danuser

Mar 23, 2009, 1:43:30 PM3/23/09
to Model-T-F...@googlegroups.com
I have a set almost NOS, have been on a car, but off now, as I sold the
body, NO breaks, NO tears, No dents still in Black Paint 1600.00/pair plus
truck freight will box in solid box so won't get bent. will have to go truck
T and TT Ford used, NOS, and a line of reprod. John Danuser 4898 State Rd
HH Fulton Mo 65251-3730 ph 573-642-2473