Message execution order

Tom McNeer

Aug 15, 2014, 5:12:09 PM8/15/14
to model...@googlegroups.com
Quick questions: can one rely on messages to execute in the order they are shown in the broadcast tag?

And if a controller method called by message #1 returns a result, is that result executed immediately? Or does the queue of message/controller methods complete first?

--
Thanks,

Tom

Tom McNeer
MediumCool
http://www.mediumcool.com
1735 Johnson Road NE
Atlanta, GA 30306
404.589.0560

Dan Wilson

Aug 19, 2014, 8:29:29 AM8/19/14
to model...@googlegroups.com
Messages are processed in the order in which they are configured.

If you add a result, that result is added to the result queue, which is processed after the message queue.

If you add a result that has a redirect, that result happens immediately.

You can see all of this by turning on your Model Glue Debugging in the ModelGlueConfiguration section of your ColdSpring.xml. There is a lot of useful information in there.

DW

Friday, August 15, 2014 5:12 PM
Model-Glue Sites:
Home Page: http://www.model-glue.com
Documentation: http://docs.model-glue.com
Bug Tracker: http://bugs.model-glue.com
Blog: http://www.model-glue.com/blog

Groups "model-glue" group.
model-glue+...@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/model-glue?hl=en
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "model-glue" group.

Jared Rypka-Hauer

Aug 19, 2014, 9:59:08 AM8/19/14
to model...@googlegroups.com
Dan,

I thought messages were stored in a structure and one could generally but not always count on them being fired in the order configured?

Maybe I’m remembering old info or incorrectly, but I thought that was the case…

On Aug 19, 2014, at 7:29 AM, Dan Wilson <sipa...@gmail.com> wrote:

Messages are processed in the order in which they are configured.

If you add a result, that result is added to the result queue, which is processed after the message queue.

If you add a result that has a redirect, that result happens immediately.

You can see all of this by turning on your Model Glue Debugging in the ModelGlueConfiguration section of your ColdSpring.xml. There is a lot of useful information in there.
Friday, August 15, 2014 5:12 PM

Dan Wilson

Aug 19, 2014, 10:10:31 AM8/19/14
to model...@googlegroups.com
The messages are stored in a structure, but the configuration is stored in an array. Otherwise, processing would be a complete mess.

Check your model glue debugging.

DW

Tuesday, August 19, 2014 9:59 AM
[...]

Jared Rypka-Hauer

Aug 19, 2014, 2:19:18 PM8/19/14
to model...@googlegroups.com
OK cool… it wasn’t always that way… with MG1 there was no guaranteed order in which they would fire… it just meant a different approach to controllers and such.

I just couldn’t remember if that had changed or how it had changed.

Tom McNeer

Aug 20, 2014, 9:14:56 AM8/20/14
to model...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the answers. Like Jared, I remember when the order wasn't guaranteed. That's why I asked.

And I'll check the debugging from now on.

On Aug 19, 2014, at 9:10 AM, Dan Wilson <sipa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The messages are stored in a structure, but the configuration is stored in an array. Otherwise, processing would be a complete mess.
>
> Check your model glue debugging.
>
> DW

Model-Glue Sites:
Home Page: http://www.model-glue.com
Documentation: http://docs.model-glue.com
Bug Tracker: http://bugs.model-glue.com
Blog: http://www.model-glue.com/blog

Groups "model-glue" group.
model-glue+...@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/model-glue?hl=en
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "model-glue" group.

Dan Wilson

Aug 20, 2014, 10:17:29 AM8/20/14
to model...@googlegroups.com
Cool. Model Glue debugging is the reference for what actually happened in a request.

DW