Solresol Day

M O

Aug 10, 2011, 9:00:07 PM8/10/11
to Solresol
So what do you guys think of having an International Solresol Day? I
was thinking of using August 15 (Sudre's birthday) or maybe May 25th
(525 = Solresol). This year, if it's this Monday, we could just do
small things like wishing people a Happy Solresol Day :D or writing
statuses in Solresol on the various social networks we use.

Dan Parson

Aug 11, 2011, 12:59:14 AM8/11/11
to Solresol
I am in support of Sudre's birthday as Solresol Day. Is the
publication date of Sudre's first book known? That could be another
possibility.

M O

Aug 11, 2011, 10:40:33 PM8/11/11
to miso...@googlegroups.com
His first book? The pdf is the dictionary published in 1866 after his death. He published his own book Rapports sur la langue musicale inventée par M. F. Sudre in 1838. And then there are apparently some letters he wrote, which you can find listed here:

I'm not finding any specific dates, though, just the years listed :/

Anyway, I like August, so that'd be my preference :D

Garrison Osteen

Aug 11, 2011, 11:53:25 PM8/11/11
to miso...@googlegroups.com
I like Sudre's birthday, though I think we might as well celebrate on 5/25 as well :)

M O

Aug 14, 2011, 9:28:16 PM8/14/11
to Solresol
Hey, I'm fine with more holidays :D

On Aug 11, 11:53 pm, Garrison Osteen <garost...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I like Sudre's birthday, though I think we might as well celebrate on 5/25
> as well :)
>

> On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 8:40 PM, M O <obr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > His first book? The pdf is the dictionary published in 1866 after his
> > death. He published his own book *Rapports sur la langue musicale inventée
> > par M. F. Sudre *in 1838. And then there are apparently some letters he
> > wrote, which you can find listed here:
>
> >http://www.worldcat.org/search?q=au%3ASudre%2C+Franc%CC%A7ois%2C&dbli...

Dan Parson

Aug 15, 2011, 3:01:33 AM8/15/11
to Solresol
Solsire Doremi lasi Solresol!

Garrison

Aug 15, 2011, 2:36:08 PM8/15/11
to Miso...@googlegroups.com
Solsire Doremi lasi Solresol fa mifalala! (Mi Misisol Doremi lasi Solresol... Solre faremi la ladosi "Solsire" domisóldo? Dore midofa "misisol".)

Paulo N

Aug 15, 2011, 8:27:09 PM8/15/11
to miso...@googlegroups.com
mifalala? fado? :D

re la ladosi "Solsire" do faremi "midodosol fala;" domi falare lamilasi "Misisol Doremi lasi Solresol" midososol. ;) Mi "midolasi" midosolsol, dore solsimisol.

Garrison Osteen

Aug 15, 2011, 10:27:25 PM8/15/11
to miso...@googlegroups.com
"mifalala" was the only word that came up for the search "everyone" in the translated dictionary... Is there a better word?
(And I guess you're probably right about everything else. I don't like "midolasi" that much though - it doesn't seem like the right conotation, but I'm not sure.)

Collin N.

Jul 24, 2012, 10:49:55 AM7/24/12
to Miso...@googlegroups.com
I like the idea of using Surdre's Birthday mostly bacause that's sooner.

Jakub Séleš

Jul 7, 2014, 3:33:17 PM7/7/14
to Miso...@googlegroups.com
I think it'd be better to use 5/25 for its symbolic date, Sudres Bday isn't good to remember. My opinion.