Re: Hi!

1 view

Dan Parson

Jun 29, 2013, 6:05:03 PM6/29/13
to Miso...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Gabriel! Happy to see another person interested in Solresol!

Actually, the community has essentially moved over to Sidosi, a website
I launched to help advance the Solresol revival effort. There, you'll
find discussion forums, an ever-growing list of Solresol resources, and
even a basic Solresol translator! We welcome you to join us over there!

As for help, unfortunately, there's not yet a beginner's guide to
Solresol, but Garrison definitely made a lot of progress with his
tutorials. The main issue right now is the incomplete state of the
language, but there are more details in the discussions on Sidosi.
Anyway, hope to see you over there!

On 6/29/2013 5:34 PM, Gabriel Miller wrote:
> Hey guys!
> I discovered Garrison's blog a few days ago, and decided to try to
> learn Solresol. After looking through the blog for a few minutes I
> found his Solresol-English dictionary, and this group! I also noticed
> that there's been pretty much nothing going on recently, so I decided
> to post this.
>
> My name's Gabriel. I'm 13 and from the USA, though I was born and live
> along the Arabian Gulf. I'm not very good with languages, so when I
> found Solresol, I was excited, since it was designed to be easy to
> learn. I'm slowly learning Arabic, and now I'm interested in Solresol
> as well.
>
> I literally don't know anything (yet) except the concept and shape of
> the letters, but I'd like to learn the language. However, as I said
> before, I'm not very good with languages, and as everyone here has
> been here longer than I have, I was wondering if someone could help me
> out a bit.
>
> Thanks!

Dan Parson

Jun 29, 2013, 6:08:00 PM6/29/13
to Miso...@googlegroups.com
Oh, forgot to give a link, though an outdated-but-working link is in the
group description: http://sidosi.org

Gabriel Miller

Jun 30, 2013, 10:00:34 AM6/30/13
to Miso...@googlegroups.com