Hello!

Garrison

Jun 25, 2011, 9:37:15 PM6/25/11
to Miso...@googlegroups.com
Hello, everyone!
I figured that since right now we're quite a small group, we might as well get to know each other and introduce ourselves. So if you're new (which at this point basically includes everyone), it'd be great if you could give us all a basic introduction - at least your name, age, etc. I'll go ahead and get us started :)

My name's Garrison; I'm 16 years old and I live in the US. I love music (I play the flute and a bit of piano) and languages (I'm learning Spanish and Esperanto (and Solresol of course!) and I hope to learn Greek at some point too). I'd love to see Solresol become something that is accessible and useable, so right now I'm trying to do everything I can to make that happen. I'm pretty much always interested in talking to anyone, so feel free to contact me in some way if you need/want to.

McFrenzy

Jun 30, 2011, 2:20:53 AM6/30/11
to Solresol
Okay, hello,

My name is Travis, and I'm a writer from Melbourne Australia.

My first novel, Magickless, the Dragon and the Crow, is coming out
soon, and It features a world where everyone can do magick.

The way I got into solresol was that I was looking into the a priori
languages in the hope of using a variant as the language of spell
casting in my book. Along the way I found Solresol, and I pretty much
knew right away that it was the right language for my world.

At the moment my manuscript is going to be published without any
spells, but I hope to change that. I would love to include the actual
spells my characters cast in the text (given that my publisher agrees
of course) but I am still undecided about wether they would be written
phonetically, or in the script form. The former might look weird, and
run the spells into long paragraphs, but the later may be hard to
include in a book as it would require the creation of a unique
typeface that somehow adapts as the run on solresol syllables alter
the symbol representing the sound. If that makes sense.

At this point I have far too much editing to do an the story, and so
This group kinda came at just the right moment. With the wonderful
spreadsheet to aid me, I am feeling now that I might be able to do
everything I've been dreaming about.

Thanks to M O for remembering me!!!!!

Okay, have to go and look after my son, so I hope to hear back from
you all soon.

In the meantime, check out my blog: magickless.blogspot.com

it doesn't have anything about solresol yet, but plenty about writing
and making fantasy maps.

Okay, talk soon.

Travis.

Lev Tsypin

Jul 1, 2011, 12:13:25 AM7/1/11
to miso...@googlegroups.com
Hullo!!

My name is Lev, and at this moment I am actively researching Cognitive Neurology so I don't think I will be of much use for the rest of the summer...!

I am not especially versed in languages, but I'm bilingual and try my best :-)

I find solresol very interesting and think that it has a lot of potential to be fun, useful, and overall entertaining!

Hope to be of help soon!

Dan Parson

Aug 6, 2011, 6:07:11 AM8/6/11
to Solresol
Hi all!

My name's Dan, and I'm from Illinois, USA. I'm primarily a web
developer and trumpet player, but I also do general computer stuff and
some piano. I also know some Spanish, and the classes I took opened my
eyes to the beauty of non-English languages. English is such a messy
language, and I especially think Solresol has some big advantages in
its overall structure. I have a love for music, and I'm happy to have
found a Solresol community, however small. I first learned of the
language quite a while ago, but now I'm motivated to start learning
it! I know Solresol is probably missing some language constructs and
vocabulary, but it only takes a small group of like-minded individuals
to develop a language further, and we could be that group!

Hope to talk to you guys soon (possibly in some Solresol)!

Garrison

Aug 10, 2011, 12:25:29 AM8/10/11
to Miso...@googlegroups.com
Hey Dan! I don't think I ever welcomed you. Welcome! We're glad you're here :)

Taytanchik

Aug 12, 2012, 2:49:54 PM8/12/12
to Miso...@googlegroups.com
Hey there everyone,

My name's Benjamin, I'm 26 and live in Germany. I have studied Chinese Studies and linguistics for 4 years, but ended up (so far) working as a wholesale trader for crops... yeah, right. ^^"
On on hand, I'm new to Solresol in regard of actual knowledge of vocabulary, but on the other hand, I've known about Solresol for maybe 6-7 years and have read bits and pieces about it. I've found it an interesting and fascinating language right from the start, but I never got so far as to begin actually learning it. Maybe this will change now, after I've found this group and new websites on Solresol (like Garrisons blog, by which I found this place ;) ).

If you would like to know anything else, feel free to ask.

Tay

Garrison Osteen

Aug 12, 2012, 9:32:59 PM8/12/12
to miso...@googlegroups.com
Hey, Benjamin! Welcome, and thanks for introducing yourself :)
If you haven't already, you should consider joining the forum at http://www.sidosi.org/community/, as most of our activity has been moved over there. I'm very glad you found us! I hope you start learning Solresol; it's more fun to have more people :)

Garrison

Taytanchik

Aug 14, 2012, 4:04:04 PM8/14/12
to Miso...@googlegroups.com, miso...@googlegroups.com
I see, I also already created an account on sidosi and read one or the other topic. When I finally find some time, I'll also post something myself. ^^ Got some ideas for Solresol on my mind, but I feel like I should look at the previously made proposals, before I share mine.

Anyway, thanks for the welcome - and see you over at Sidosi.

Aiva Roze

Nov 7, 2013, 4:33:53 PM11/7/13
to Miso...@googlegroups.com
Hello!

My name is Avia. I am the new one here from today. I am here because I am writing a research paper about Solresol. Plus I want to learn it.
I am playing piano, singing.. I know latvian, russian, turkish, italian un english languages. I really want to learn Solresol, I hope wit your help too :)

Thanks.

Logan Sloan

Nov 22, 2013, 4:45:58 PM11/22/13
to Miso...@googlegroups.com
Hello, my name is Logan Sloan. I found out about Solresol about 2 years ago, although I never did much follow up with Learning about it. I enjoy the idea, and want to learn about it, and I feel that, while not perfect, it is something that could be used by people all over, perhaps with some modifications. I'm 20 years old, and I live in Colorado. I like to write, read, and play Video games.

Michael Fewkes

Jan 30, 2014, 5:44:15 PM1/30/14
to Miso...@googlegroups.com
My name is Michael.  I am 25 and from Utah.  I am studying Esperanto, Russian, and Solresol(but only passively).  I am studying audio engineering and sound design, but have (and probably will) study computer science and electronic engineering.  I am a musician and a thinker.

Jakub Séleš

Jul 5, 2014, 1:57:58 PM7/5/14
to Miso...@googlegroups.com
Well, I'm Jakub from Slovakia. I'm learning Arabic, German, Russian, Novoslovianski and ofcourse Solresol. I'm not musician but I'd like to learn to play on fujara (google it :D ). I found SRS just week ago when I was listing interlangs and I started learning it immediately.

By the way, shoudln't we write posts bilingually? Just lil idea.