State Tournament Finals/Awards: Press Releases & Info

Dave Klink

Jun 6, 2016, 3:01:52 PM6/6/16
to minnesotayo...@googlegroups.com, Board Of Directors, Competition Committee, Jake McKean
Hello Coaches,

Attached please find two press releases for the state tournament division I finals.  Please circulate these everywhere you can think of.  E.g., to school administrators, athletic directors, local and regional media outlets, friends and family, ultimate players and fans you know, and anyone else who might be interested in learning about these games.  We are hoping for a large crowd in attendance to highlight some great ultimate, hand out some awards, and cap off the season.

Here's more information about tomorrow evening's event at the Hamline University stadium:

Admission will be free and there will be concessions for sale.  Doors open at 6:00 pm.  Girls finals start at 6:30 pm and open finals start at 8:30 pm.

At half time of each game, the clock will be stopped for a short awards ceremony.  During halftime of the girls game, we will present the open division All-State awards and also honor the middle school tournament champs.  During halftime of the open game, we will present the girls division All-State awards and honor Minnesota Grey Duck for their recent college national championship.

Between the two games, we will present awards for the girl's Division I champion and runner up, girls Division II champion, open Divisions II-IV champions, and all spirit award winners.  After the open game, we will present awards for the open Division I champion and runner up, and then everyone will be ready for bed.

It should be a great night.  The weather looks to be beautiful.  We hope to see you there, and please spread the word!

Best regards,
Dave Klink
Competition Director

PS: If all of your scores and spirit scores from the weekend aren't recorded yet on minnesotaultimate.org, then please do so ASAP today.  We'll be calculating spirit winners tonight.

Minnesota Ultimate State Finals 2016 Press Release - Girls Division.docx
Minnesota Ultimate State Finals 2016 Press Release - Open Division.docx