IMPORTANT High School League Update

Jake McKean

Mar 16, 2016, 4:56:38 PM3/16/16
to minnesotayo...@googlegroups.com

High School Players, Coaches, Organizers,

It is critical that this email is read in it's entirety.

Our High School League Registration deadline closed just over two weeks ago, approximately one month before the start of league play. You may be wondering where the schedule is or what the next steps are.

Based on feedback from the community it was our hope to have the first 5 weeks of the schedule released well in advance of the games so you could plan out field space, travel, even strategy! But despite our best efforts we have been forced to delay the release of the schedule.

We have made four complete schedules over the last two weeks and have been ready to go live each time.You may have even noticed the conferences changing on our website. But right before we publish the schedule each time there is a new team that comes out of the woodwork, or a registered team that needs to go from one team to two, or two teams to one. I cannot understate how much work our volunteers put into making these schedules happen. As organizers we have struggled to turn teams away or give them final deadlines, we really want everyone who wants to play to have an opportunity! But it has become clear that until we draw a line in the sand there will always be a new team or a program second guessing on numbers.

That line in the sand is tomorrow, Thursday, March 17th at 5pm. No additional teams will be admitted to the league after this. And programs will be expected to field all the teams that they registered. Thursday night we will start generating one final schedule to be released by Monday, March 21st; more than two weeks in advance of the first games.

What do you need to do?

  1. If your team has not registered, or needs to split to have another team, you must do that here: http://www.minnesotaultimate.org/e/2016-high-school-spring-league Registration has been reopened through tomorrow evening. If your team is not paid than you will not be considered part of the league.
  2. Did you register a team that is no longer viable? Go to http://www.minnesotaultimate.org/e/2016-high-school-spring-league and cancel your registration. We will issue a $100 refund to any teams that cancel by tomorrow at 5pm.
  3. Everyone, checkout the coach contact information lists (girls/open) and make sure everything is correct. If it is not, go into your team registration and change it. This contact list will be regenerated when the schedule is complete.

Before you email with questions please try to determine the answer on your own as we suspect this message will generate a lot of questions. We will try our best to respond to any questions we receive in a timely manner.

Thank you,