Solar cars

allan...@gmail.com

Oct 7, 2021, 3:12:08 AM10/7/21
to mind...@googlegroups.com
Saw the new 'Stella' solar race car .. in this class the vehicle must be able to carry passengers.. at least one.  And you get points for each passenger carried during the race itself and they must be able to get a license plate passing all the requirements of a normal new car. In including.. pollution test which in away is a joke because they are totally electric..
There early model generated excessive power to the point they could charge another car if needed.
This year's version the best way to describe it would be like the old VW camping bus with a pop-up top.. yes the new Stella is complete solar powered pop-top camper..  complete with it's own license plate. (Easiest way to prove it is road legal)
I would love to own one but it is a little beyond my price range. What away to go camping.. u effected by feel prices or shortages..
Berry very cool camper.
Sigh. Dream on Allan dream on

do not murder; rape; or enslave others
God is not a myth

Molly Brogan

Oct 7, 2021, 9:44:22 AM10/7/21
to "Minds Eye"
I love the promise of solar cars. Here in the Midwest, the big 3 are frantically working on electric. The Michigan gov along with Minnesota, Illinois, Indiana and Wisconsin are creating a network of charging station between the states. I rode a test drive at the auto show a few years ago and electric cars are amazing, so quiet! The batteries will create pollution if we don't find a way to mitigate disposal problems. Self driving cars were talked about for awhile but I don't think they could get past insurance barriers, and the Tesla models were causing accidents!

allan...@gmail.com

Oct 7, 2021, 11:12:00 AM10/7/21
to mind...@googlegroups.com
I am in love with solar cars

Self-sustaining House On Wheels

Stella Vita

Stella Vita is a Self-sustaining House On Wheels. A mobile house in which you can live and work while you travel on the energy of the sun. Stella Vita makes you completely self-sufficient and independent. This gives the freedom to go wherever you want, without burdening the environment.

This should provide to information as to getting information on the Stella Vita,, even though I will never able to drive it this one leaves me in awe
..
I remember when sponsor (s) were out of the pocket not corporate.. these vehicles are hand built at our universities (among the top scientific universities in the world)(grinning like an idiot)
You should see the hydrogen cars  one has less drag than you walking across your office.. and if the road across the Atlantic you could come over and visit use in only a couple liters of hydrogen.. their kmpl is jaw dropping..
Did I mention they do research here?
Allan

Molly Brogan

Oct 7, 2021, 11:18:09 AM10/7/21
to "Minds Eye"
Sorry to say, my friend, the possibility of my traveling across the pond decreases each year. I can barely keep up with the travel needed to keep up with family celebrations here in the states! And I seem to have fallen into a real home body funk that borders on agoraphobia as home is cozy and affords me the time I need for introspection, art and writing. Working from home is the last vestige of civilization for me!

I will look for solar cars at the next Detroit Auto Show. They look fascinating. Scheduled for next October, a ride and drive will be possible for sure!

allan...@gmail.com

Oct 7, 2021, 11:28:10 AM10/7/21
to mind...@googlegroups.com
Actually it is surprising just how good the old fashion lead acid batteries are .. but you need to know how to take care of them.. I sawa bank of then that were built in the 1860's over a hundred years old when I saw them in the early 70's Emeryville CA.. probably still there.. also highly  recyclable.
The motors are the key   but you know the greed drive .. the most profitable way other then the most eco sustainable way
Allan
Over 20 years ago a lady in Little Rock Arkansas converted her Porsche boxer into electric using regular car batteries. I think she could drive 300 miles on a charge the big problem it took 8 hrs to  charge them using 110 v. Enough for commuting to work.. I thought my old bronco would have been great in electric all wheel drive.. distance is not everything..
Could you see your boss paying to fuel (electric) your car.
Allan
All

--

---

allan...@gmail.com

Oct 7, 2021, 11:36:59 AM10/7/21
to mind...@googlegroups.com
I am the same way..  but could you see doing all your driving on say 10 liters of hydrogen per year.. you could make that much at home in the evening.. Russia is producing it now for €2.⁰⁰ per 1000.. there is talk of using some of the capacity of Nordstrom 2  for transporting it.. hydrogen is very cheap and creates no CO².

Hydrogen cars could be very practical.. but  I would only be repeating my selves concerning the greed.

Allan

do not murder; rape; or enslave others
God is not a myth

Oct 7, 2021, 2:48:54 PM10/7/21
to mind...@googlegroups.com
I do understand.. realistically I am lucky to be alive. Reality of traveling across the ponds (they do exist) a solar powered zeppelin.. about two weeks plus to get to your area..
Taint going to happen but if I could.. well your company would be well worth it..
But am looking at going to a windows 10 smart phone.. know anything?