Hidden

Allan H

Mar 2, 2022, 4:50:00 PM3/2/22
to mind...@googlegroups.com
This is some of what is hidden..
Had to cut and Paste

The reaction to Russia’s attack on Ukraine, no matter what you think about it, has exposed the West’s double standards

The West has taken an extreme stance against Russia over its invasion in Ukraine. This reaction exposes a high degree of hypocrisy considering that US-led wars abroad never received the punitive response they deserved.

If the current events in Ukraine have proven anything, it’s that the United States and its transatlantic partners are able to run roughshod across a shell-shocked planet – in Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya, and Syria, to name a few of the hotspots – with almost total impunity. Meanwhile, Russia and Vladimir Putin are being portrayed in nearly every mainstream media publication today as the second coming of Nazi Germany for their actions in Ukraine.

First, let’s be clear about something. Hypocrisy and double standards alone do not provide justification for the opening of hostilities by any country. In other words, just because NATO-bloc countries have been tearing a path of wanton destruction around the globe since 2001 without serious consequences, this does not give Russia, or any country, moral license to behave in a similar manner. There must be a convincing reason for a country to authorize the use of force, thereby committing itself to what could be considered ‘a just war’. Thus, the question: Can Russia’s actions today be considered ‘just’ or, at the very least, understandable? I will leave that answer up to the reader’s better judgment, but it would be idle not to consider some important details.

Only to the consumers of mainstream media fast food would it come as a surprise that Moscow has been warning on NATO expansion for well over a decade. In his now-famous speech to the Munich Security Conference in 2007, Vladimir Putin poignantly asked the assembled global powerbrokers point blank, “why is it necessary to put military infrastructure on our borders during this [NATO] expansion? Can someone answer this question?” Later in the speech, he said that expanding military assets smack up to the Russian border “is not connected in any way with the democratic choices of individual states.”

Not only were the Russian leader’s concerns met with the predictable amount of disregard amid the deafening sound of crickets, NATO has gone on to bestow membership on four more countries since that day (Albania, Croatia, Montenegro, and North Macedonia). As a thought experiment that even a dolt could conduct, imagine Washington’s reaction if Moscow were building a continuously expanding military bloc in South America, for example.

The real cause for Moscow’s alarm, however, came when the US and NATO began flooding neighboring Ukraine with a dazzling array of sophisticated weaponry amid calls for membership in the military bloc. What on earth could go wrong? In Moscow’s mind, Ukraine was beginning to pose an existential threat to Russia.

In December, Moscow, quickly nearing the end of its patience, delivered draft treaties to the US and NATO, demanding they halt any further military expansion eastwards, including by the accession of Ukraine or any other states. It included the explicit statement that NATO “shall not conduct any military activity on the territory of Ukraine or other states of Eastern Europe, South Caucasus and Central Asia.” Once again, Russia’s proposals were met with arrogance and indifference by Western leaders.

Don't Murder; Rape or Enslave Others

Molly Brogan

Mar 4, 2022, 8:51:32 AM3/4/22
to "Minds Eye"
Again I will say that Russia has been taking over micro countries openly with no response from the world other than NATO. Why is he surprised at that? He is posturing and projecting. Ukraine was threatening no one, not building a nuclear arsenal, engaged in terrorist activities or taking over neighbors. It is a self governing nation with globally recognized borders that was moving toward democracy, building its economy by working with other democracies, and its people were behind that movement. Who is threatened by that? Why is this Russian response to that OK? Ukraine has more in common with Poland than Russia, and if the world sits back and allows this to happen, Poland may be next. The Poles and Ukrainians know this. I know some and have heard it from them.

Anger and bitterness in the world allows aggression to prevail. We sit around arguing and do not enough during the slaughter. Not the first time, but some of us were hoping that the war to end all wars would end that.

You can throw in every historic political argument and climate denier bullshit, but who are we if we stand and watch our neighbor slaughtered and do nothing to stop it? If you think this is the same as the conflict in the middle east you are wrong, and your false comparison derails your argument. The fact that you think there are no pure democracies doesn't diminish the movement of a country toward democracy. Some of us support democracy. Some support fascism. Some of us support fascism while enjoying the freedom that democracy allows us. Those people I pray for most, along with the people in Ukraine.

Molly Brogan

Mar 4, 2022, 8:59:37 AM3/4/22
to "Minds Eye"
PS "demanding they halt any further military expansion eastwards, including by the accession of Ukraine or any other states" Don't the countries themselves apply to NATO for membership? NATO is not amassing control of countries, these countries are joining an alliance. do they do so to protect themselves from communist military action? Not sure but if so, isn't it their right to do so as they self-govern? Can and should Western European nations form an alliance to protect themselves and prevent another world war?

Allan H

Mar 4, 2022, 4:22:11 PM3/4/22
to mind...@googlegroups.com
Ukraine is not innocent.. they have been shelling the ethnic Russians within their own country..i believe that the term for their actions is ethnic cleansing.. for years now.

I personally have been following the activities of Russia for around 15 years years now.

😷do not murder;
rape;
or enslave others 😷

--

---

Allan H

Mar 4, 2022, 4:25:00 PM3/4/22
to mind...@googlegroups.com
What about NATO keeping its agreement and stopping the western expansion. And stop supplying them wespons?

😷do not murder;
rape;
or enslave others 😷
--

---

Allan

Mar 5, 2022, 5:03:18 AM3/5/22
to mind...@googlegroups.com
Yes they have to apply but what NATO and the US have been doing is stockpiling weapons inside Ukrainian borders then giving them to the government at no charge.. these weapons have also included Russian made weapons (probably from the black market) just prior to the invasion both the US and Nato were heavily beating war drums.. not they actually got the war started it is a different story.. NATO has a different story.. the US  and NATO could have afforded this war simply by taking Russia seriously instead of brushing off what they had to say underneath the carpet and doing what they wanted to do.
Russia has always been a viable world power and been made the enemy. The US has always looked down on Russia. The US has a proven habit of building military bases directly on the border of neighboring countries.. not a good way to bring about peace. The USA has already been told that Russian  radar can not detect the difference between atomic warheads and standard warheads and if missiles  are fired into the Father land  Russia will consider it a nuclear attack from the US and will respond in the same manner.
Contrary to popular opinion Russia is very capable of doing it..
This Ukrainian war is the direct result of NATO and USA thinking that Russia is nothing more than a joke..

Do Not Murder; Rape; or Enslave Others.

Molly Brogan

Mar 5, 2022, 9:16:47 AM3/5/22
to "Minds Eye"
this seems to me to be opinion and I do not agree.

Don Johnson

Mar 7, 2022, 9:56:30 PM3/7/22
to "Minds Eye"
I actually agree the invasion is the direct result of American actions and non-actions over the last year or so. The decision to end sanctions allowing nord stream 2 to be completed. The embarrassing retreat from Afghanistan. Continued stifling of domestic oil and gas exploration and production. As far as war drum beating what exactly do you consider amassing hundreds of thousands of soldiers on the border of a sovereign nation to be? Perhaps a muted sabre-rattle? Swathed in cotton? Watching Biden slur and squint his way through his speeches compares poorly to Putin's direct and assured speaking style. Were I Poland I'd be soiling my drawers.