Process ExitCode 1 for batch file execution from C#

Zeya

Dec 2, 2005, 10:07:23 PM12/2/05
I have created a very simple batch file and trying to retrieve the
standard output but everytime I run the code it returns ExitCode as 1.

I have created a batch file as simple as ping localhost or echo hello
world and neither have worked. Note: This is from ASP.Net code. Also,
the batch file runs just fine from command line.

I am running another Exe process with arguments from the same method
and that runs just fine too.

Am I missing on something?

Here is the code:
Calling code:

ExecuteProcess( Server.MapPath( pathofbatchfile ), string.Empty, null,
null, out OutputVal );

Method implementation:

public static int ExecuteProcess ( string ProcessName, string
ProcessArguments, NameValueCollection Variables, string
WorkingDirectory ,out string Log )
{
//Clear log.
Log = "";
using ( Process DOSProcess = new Process() )
{
ProcessStartInfo StartInfo = new ProcessStartInfo();

StartInfo.FileName = ProcessName;

if ( Variables != null )
{
foreach( string Key in Variables.Keys )
{
StartInfo.EnvironmentVariables.Add( Key, Variables[ Key ] );
}
}

StartInfo.RedirectStandardError = false;
StartInfo.RedirectStandardOutput = true;
StartInfo.RedirectStandardInput = false;

StartInfo.UseShellExecute = false;
StartInfo.CreateNoWindow = true;

if ( ProcessArguments != string.Empty & ProcessArguments != null )
StartInfo.Arguments = ProcessArguments;

if ( WorkingDirectory != string.Empty & WorkingDirectory != null )
StartInfo.WorkingDirectory = WorkingDirectory;

DOSProcess.EnableRaisingEvents = true;

DOSProcess.StartInfo = StartInfo;

DOSProcess.Start();

do
{
Log += DOSProcess.StandardOutput.ReadToEnd();
}
while ( !DOSProcess.HasExited );

int ProcessExitCode = DOSProcess.ExitCode ;

return ProcessExitCode;
}

}

Nurit N

Jan 2, 2006, 7:20:46 AM1/2/06

I'm having a similar problem. Did you find a solution?

"Zeya" <zey...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Zeya

Jan 3, 2006, 5:06:14 PM1/3/06
Yes.

Set Shell execute to true.

StartInfo.UseShellExecute = true;

This MAY stop standard output.

HTH.

Nurit N

Jan 5, 2006, 4:33:42 AM1/5/06
It didn't work for me. Thanks anyway I'll try to send a new post with the
specific problem.

"Zeya" <zey...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Random content

Jun 21, 2021, 4:11:43 AM6/21/21
hlooo i have CMD code exampel :
netsh winsock reset
netsh int ip reset
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew
ipconfig /flushdns
i wont to conver this to C# code

😉 Good Guy 😉

Jun 21, 2021, 2:21:17 PM6/21/21

One way is to create a batch file and then run that batch file from within the c# program.

using System;
using System.Diagnostics;
using System.ComponentModel;

namespace cmdPrompt
{
    class Program
    {
        static void Main()
        {
            Process.Start("explorer.exe", @"C:\temp\run.bat");
        }
    }
}

The simple batch file looks like this:

netsh winsock reset
pause
netsh int ip reset
pause
ipconfig /release
pause
ipconfig /renew
pause
ipconfig /flushdns
pause

--

With over 1.3 billion devices now running Windows 10, customer satisfaction is higher than any previous version of windows.

</b