Happy Halloween, & Introducing Wendy... A real Treat... absolutely no trick.

Eric N. Best, Ph.D.

Nov 1, 2023, 1:00:12 AM11/1/23
to Mariposa Group Network
The Mariposa Group
Newsletter

Evolving Enlightenment via "Real" Community

A Consciously Created Community for "New Humans"
  Be part of a community of people who are moving beyond Fear, Scarcity, and Competition
into an environment based upon "TRUTH & LOVE".
Accelerate your own Personal Happiness & Joy,
while also contributing to the world.

Happy Halloween & Introducing Wendy...  A real Treat... absolutely no trick.

Hello to All and a very Happy Halloween to you!

        This is a somewhat non-traditional newsletter today.   It is playful and also presenting to you a new Mariposa Group member who has extensive prior community living experience.  She is delightfully creative and is making major contributions to us.  We are indeed growing & expanding in several ways.  This includes a "Circle of Friends" concept which will be both locally focused and also focused on those of you who will be part of the Mariposa Group nationwide network.  That is you who want 'real' in-depth, friendship based community connection and still want to remain in your location.
      We are also building physically here with the most recent construction being a large and strong new dam.  Yes the lake will be even bigger and more beautiful than before.  Here is a shot of myself and Wendy in preparation for a belated Halloween party this coming weekend.  And Wendy will then introduce herself.

    But enough of all this for right now.  Here is a shot of myself and Wendy in preparation for a belated Halloween party this coming weekend.  And Wendy will now introduce herself.... along with more traditional pic's below.

Always the very best to you in real community building and fun.

Eric

Getting to Know You                                         Wendy Pressoir

Since this is my first column, let me share a bit about myself and why I’ve asked to have a column in this newsletter.

I am the newest member of the Mariposa Group, as mentioned elsewhere in this newsletter. I’m a retired grandma from the Tampa Bay area who has been spending a lot of time in Tyler, Texas. My son Drew has moved there and started a family. My goal was to balance my grandma life with a community life, so I specifically mapped every intentional community on the ic.org website to find something in a reasonable driving distance from Tyler. The Mariposa Group was the only one listed in under a 2 hour drive.

So, I wrote to Eric, we began with texting and emails, then Zoom calls and finally I visited in mid-March this year. We find we have a lot in common in educational background and interests, work experiences, and spirituality. We have become committed life partners and together we are forging an approach to the next phase of the Mariposa Group.

I’ve spent a lot of my work career on health promotion projects like substance abuse prevention and reduction, seatbelt campaigns, improved health for new mothers and babies. As a volunteer I worked on victim assistance programs for MADD in Albuquerque. I’ve taught marketing and non-profit management and helped groups with strategic planning and organizational development. All of which is to say…that I like helping individuals and groups find meaning and satisfaction in their endeavors. And I intend to bring as much of my learning in those fields as possible to the challenges of creating and sustaining community.

I’ve created a questionnaire to send to you, our newsletter readers. It is brief!  But you don’t have to be brief, if you have lots to share!!

We want to be connected to you, hopefully beginning some conversations about where your lives have taken you since first contacting Eric. How your interest in community has grown, changed, or faded as life progresses. And how the MG might enhance that interest.

More to come as we get your responses!  Many thanks for being part of the MG!

    .   .    .Wendy Pressoir

A Questionnaire for your consideration:

Thanks for giving us valuable feedback about your interest in intentional community and the Mariposa Group in particular.  We’re glad you’ve been reading our newsletter and look forward to your input! Please respond to this email, fill in the blanks below, as appropriate, and hit the 'reply' button.

Name (optional)______________________________________  Male or Female ___

   Current location___________________________

How long have you been reading the Mariposa Group newsletter?

      Under one year ___ 1-5 years ___  More than 5 years ___

Are you currently interested in living in community Yes or No ___

Do you think you would be interested in the future Yes or No ___

What are you looking for in community (if you answered yes to either question above) _______________________________________________________________________________

If community is not right for you at this point, would you tell us about your previous interest, involvement, and any experiences you’ve had? (Perhaps you visited some, or your personal circumstances have changed… additional information about your community considering journey would be very helpful!

May we follow up with you personally in connection with any of your answers above?   We’d be most grateful. If so, please provide your relevant contact information below.

Many thanks for being a reader and for connecting with us in community!

"In a time of drastic change it is the learners who inherit the future.
The learned usually find themselves equipped to live in a world
that no longer exists."

"Real" Community

"Creating a Culture that works"

In A Very Natural / Nature Based Environment !!

True Financial Security, Deep Interpersonal Friendship & Comfort,
A Pleasing Inquiry into living Life fully, Sustainably, Psychologically Healthy & Successfully
done right now, here on earth...  with Fun & Play !
I invite you to explore this with us.

The Mariposa Group

Once we learn to live together, we cannot live alone.
Real community.... our natural 'social ecology' !!

If you find this Newsletter stimulating, intriguing or just simply enjoy it;
  please share it with your friends.

If you would like to receive this free community newsletter, please click here.
If you would like to be removed from this mailing list,  please click here.

         Return to Top      Return to Index