[MT-L] ORM scanning implants serial number, lot number, expiration date (C/S 5.67)

Little, Tonyia - Information Systems

Nov 10, 2017, 10:01:48 AM11/10/17
to medit...@mtusers.com

Hello all,
We’re improving our integration of ORM/MM, but still doing some work.

Has anyone found a way to scan the QR code and have it drop the serial number, lot number, and expiration date into the appropriate fields on the implant screen of the OR profile?  I know we can scan and get the inventory, implant, billing code, etc. after everything is built appropriately in MM.

I’m thinking that this could be accomplished with programming the bar code scanner.  Before we start working on this, I would appreciate info from anyone that may have already done this.

Thanks for any help!

Tonyia Little, RN
EHR Analyst
Northfield Hospital & Clinics
507.646.8174
NH_primary_logo_CMYK-sm-300dpi

Confidentiality Notice:  This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure and/or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.

Hummel, Tracey

Nov 13, 2017, 11:42:38 AM11/13/17
to Little, Tonyia - Information Systems, medit...@mtusers.com

I am also interested in this.

Nov 13, 2017, 5:10:51 PM11/13/17
to Hummel, Tracey, medit...@mtusers.com, Little, Tonyia - Information Systems
I've done that with other systems using Code Corp scanners.  What flavor of Meditech (C/S, Magic, 6.x) and what scanners are you using?

Charles J. Still, MBA, CPPS, CPHQ

Please do NOT send messages that ask "Please post to the list" or "I'd like to see your answers" or "Send that info to me, too"  These are useless messages that just waste the email server's resources.  Instead, email the original requester and ask that they send you or post the results of their question.

Go to http://MTUsers.net for other information on the list, as well as:
1) reading meditech-l messages online
2) job opportunities
3) vendor products and service

Do NOT send email to meditech...@MTUsers.com.  This is a system email box that is NOT monitored by a human. If you need help or advice on how to use the meditech-l, email  ju...@MTUsers.net.  Julia helps manage the meditech-l, so she is your best resource.

===***===***===***===***===***===***===

--
Charles J. Still, MBA, CPPS, CPHQ
Cha...@PatientSafeRx.com

Little, Tonyia - Information Systems

Nov 15, 2017, 12:49:29 PM11/15/17
to Charles Still, Hummel, Tracey, medit...@mtusers.com

Hi Charles,

We are C/S 5.67.

I was pulled into this project a bit late.  I’ve been trying to chase down what kind of scanners they were intending to use.  It turns out they don’t actually have any scanners yet, so we could probably get something entirely appropriate to our needs, rather than repurposing existing ones.

I’m happy to hear that you’ve been able to accomplish this.  Did you just program the scanner to jump to the correct field and drop in the info?  Was it a struggle, or fairly straightforward?

Thanks!

Tonyia

Tonyia Little, RN
EHR Analyst
Northfield Hospital & Clinics
507.646.8174
NH_primary_logo_CMYK-sm-300dpi

Confidentiality Notice:  This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure and/or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.

Nov 15, 2017, 8:40:12 PM11/15/17
to Little, Tonyia - Information Systems, medit...@mtusers.com
Hi Tonyia

Yes, I was able to use a 2D barcode and with one scan was able to get patient account # mr#, last, first name, dob to scan into multiple fields on a downtime solution and in one of our off line imaging systems (Phillips).   I've worked with both the Zebra and Code Corp scanners but for something like this Code would likely have better Tech support.  The CR2600 still appears to be the latest version of the scanner.  RMS Omega or ACS Medihealth are good vendors you can get one from.

I'd get a scanner and scan in a bunch of the barcodes, they should be following the GS1 Standards.  Based on that Code should be able to parse the data and tab between the fields on the screen as long as the vendors are all following the standards correctly.  I don't know if Meditech's built in any parsing into a field yet.  Any 2D imager should be able to do the raw scanning, the magic comes in with the parsing and tabbing.  You would need to start, click in the correct starting field and then scan the barcode, the scanner would parse the data, put it in the 1st field, tab to the 2nd, dump the data, tab to 3rd and dump the data.

Can you scan some of the codes and post them?  The biggest issue will be vendors likely interpreting the standards slightly differently.

Charles J. Still, MBA, CPPS, CPHQ