[MT-L] Meditech duplicate patient accounts and eMAR client server 5.67 pp25

Freeman, Gale

Nov 15, 2017, 11:20:08 AM11/15/17
to medit...@mtusers.com

What have other sites done to correct patients who are admitted and mistakenly have 2 accts, where medications are on one acct and other meds on a different account?

We know that lab has a function to move data to a different acct if it is the same medical record number. We know we can change the account number on a transcription report.

Our medical records director was hoping to get ideas on how to correct multiple eMARs that exist.

Examples are patient comes in ER and has meds given, then someone mistakenly gives them a different inpatient acct number when they are admitted.

Another example, patient is registered for OR as a Pre-Inpatient, and then admitting provider enters all meds on that acct , then

the patient is direct admit the following day and gets a totally different acct.

There is concern about the eMAR record that shows what was given.

We do not see a way to correct this. Does anyone have a way or a work around?

Thanks in advance !

Gale Y. Freeman, MIS Systems Analyst

Samaritan Medical Center MIS dept, 830 Washington St, Watertown, NY 13601

315-785-5751, gfre...@shsny.com

Please consider the environment before printing this email. This message and any attachments may contain information that is protected by law as privileged and confidential, and is transmitted for the sole use of the intented recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, copying or retention of the e-mail or the information contained herein is strictly prohibited. If you received this e-mail in error, please immeditately notify the sender by e-mail and permantently delete this e-mail.

How am I doing? Feel free to email my manager, Joan Varsics,  jvar...@shsny.com , for any suggestions or comments.

“You are stronger than you believe. You have greater powers than you know.” - Antiope from Wonder Woman

SMC-MC wTagline_Color (2)

Deborah Knott

Nov 15, 2017, 3:19:24 PM11/15/17
to Freeman, Gale, medit...@mtusers.com

Hello Gale,

You must be reading our minds here in Colorado.  We are struggling more and more with this issue of duplicate accounts being created.  We have formed a team with the HRIS department just trying to get a handle on what needs to be moved or remain in each account.  There is a NUR routine that moves orders, notes, etc. but from what we can tell it does not move Med orders and you cannot select the orders/charting you want to move – it’s all or nothing.

There is a function – Copy/Edit – under the Process Order routine in PHA that we have been using as well.  Not sure if that is what you might be looking for, hope it helps.  We are not on eMAR here yet, so I can see that will add a new wrinkle.  They just keep reprinting the MAR and then med administration is spread over several versions which causes its own nightmare.

Would love to hear from others who are tackling this issue.  Thank you Gale for posting the question.

Deb

Deb Knott MSA-IRM, BSN, RN

Clinical Informatics Analyst

(970) 644-3503 direct • (970) 644-3519 fax

2351 G Road

Grand Junction, CO 81505

http://www.YourCommunityHospital.com

18 Rules of Living from the Dalai Lama – Rule #2 When you lose, don't lose the lesson.

This e-mail is intended solely for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. Any review, dissemination, copying, printing or other use of this e-mail by persons or entities other than the addressee is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete the material from any computer.