[MT-L] PASS

Tammy McLean

Nov 13, 2017, 1:01:17 PM11/13/17
to medit...@mtusers.com

Good afternoon,

We are looking at our infusion, injection charges for the ED and was wondering how other facilities are doing this process?  We currently have documentation screens for the nurses and our coders and entering their charges along with the ED professional charge.  We need to reevaluate the process, and was hoping others would share their process?  Are you charging with documentation of the nurses, and if so, how are you capturing the beginning and ending times?  Our ED mgr seems to think the coders should continue to do this, but I feel we are probably the only ones doing this for them?

We are a Magic 5.67 facility and would appreciate any input from others.

Houlton Regional Hospital

Tammy McLean

Director Information Systems

ta...@houltonregional.org

20 Hartford Street

Houlton, ME 04730

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and may contain health information protected by law. Any unauthorized use or disclosure is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by return email, delete this email, and destroy any copies. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Houlton Regional Hospital. The recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses. Houlton Regional Hospital accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this e-mail.

image001.png

Akers, Paula J.

Nov 13, 2017, 1:17:41 PM11/13/17
to Tammy McLean, medit...@mtusers.com

We are 6.08 site and would also be interested in responses to ED charges done by nursing.

Yours sincerely,

Paula June Akers RN

Nurse Analyst

Morrow County Hospital

Paula...@ohiohealth.com

419-949-3006

Nov 13, 2017, 1:43:10 PM11/13/17
to Tammy McLean, medit...@mtusers.com

HI Tammy,

We built IV Stop Time reassessment CDS to the administration of IVs for this. Attached to every IV carrier was the screen with a rule that only looked to Admit types for the reassessment to display. In other words if your admit type was ADM IN, it did not display but for ADM INo (observation it did-included ED). Attached were default volumes (if using the CDS to track I/O of fluids) and when setting up the times for flagging time to reassess was by usual infusion times. 50 cc bag was set to 30 minutes, and 10 min before and 15 min after (page 4 of the drug dictionary). For any drug as a premix, the CDS was attached as well with the same rule.

Process: Administration of drug or IV fluid with ADM INo, will then display a Reassessment with time for typical reassess by volume and average time it would run. Once the IV was completed, new IV bag being hung, complete reassess, then scan and give next bag. If IV drug, complete, go to into eMAR and complete reassess. If reassess is not complete flags red on eMAR and Status Board under next med until completed.

Many facilities then will have a report that billing can run and will calculate the total time while in observation status that IV were managed. It can also include the number of injections given (all medications filtered by route of the administration).

Hope this is helpful.

David E Brown, RN

Senior Consultant

Cell: 509-991-5874

david...@hsi-corp.com

www.hsi-corp.com

From: Meditech-l [mailto:meditech-...@mtusers.com] On Behalf Of Tammy McLean

Jensen, Donald

Nov 15, 2017, 11:12:46 AM11/15/17
to Tammy McLean, medit...@mtusers.com

I haven’t seen a response to this.  Can anyone provide some additional insight?

Don Jensen, MS
Senior Director, Revenue Cycle

cid:image004.png@01D1C8A5.BC9F4A90
5601 Warren Parkway | Frisco, Texas 75034
O214.407.5349| E: dje...@bmcf.com

Nov 20, 2017, 10:10:05 AM11/20/17
to medit...@mtusers.com

Good morning L,

I am looking for anyone who uses Nuance or MModal with PDOC.  Pros and cons of either system?  Why one over the other?  We are looking at both and I need some insight.  We are a Magic 5.67 facility that will be moving to 6.1 in the next year and a half so any input would be greatly appreciated.

Houlton Regional Hospital

Tammy McLean

Director Information Systems

ta...@houltonregional.org

20 Hartford Street

Houlton, ME 04730

image001.png

Akers, Paula J.

Nov 20, 2017, 10:34:57 AM11/20/17
to Tammy McLean, medit...@mtusers.com

We use Nuance. We had some problems with corrupted files at first. It was caused by one user not signing off and another user continuing with other user’s sign on.

We are moving to cloud version and hope to never have that problem again.