[MT-L] Automated notification of PCP?

Gary Hall

Nov 18, 2017, 7:50:03 PM11/18/17
to medit...@mtusers.com

Sending again, my email address had become unsubscribed sometime, so resending in case I missed any replies, thanks.

We’re 6.08. We use MIS messages for notifications of discharges & admits & other items. But we’re trying to set up notifications for inpatient admits JUST to the patient’s PCP. (We started a hospitalist program recently, and we want to notify the PCP when one of their patients gets admitted.)

I know there’s also HIPAA considerations, but for now, just trying to consider the mechanics. Meditech’s MIS message for inpatient admits don’t appears to be able to be set up to just send to the PCP.

Any advice or tricks or other options? Thanks.

Gary M. Hall

CIO -- Estes Park Medical Center

Phone: 970-577-4443

Cell: 970-744-9052